Cup As A Cave For Fish?

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i want to put a cup as a cave for the fish in the aquariam i soaked it in aquariam water for a week now washed it and whatever....but to put it in..do i stick my whole hand into the aquariam or is there another way?
this is a stupid little question but i was just wondering if there was a better way.
thanks

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That's actually a legit question kiddo..sometimes you are required to put your hand down in your tank for different reasons..wash the hand you'll be using right up to your elbow carefully(soaping and especially rinsing),and you're good to go..if you want to be extra carefull about the soap you use,try something as pure as possible along the lines of Ivory.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I put my hands in my tanks all the time(makes my arthritis feel sooo good). Just make sure you don't have any soap or hand lotion or perfume on when you dip in. I usually just rinse mine in warm water first.
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My Bettas eat their food off of my fingertips (washed between tanks of course) but they have always done it.

Rose

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When you clean your tank your hand goes in........ i would think so anyway. no difference. also try a small clay pot ( terricatta pots... not sure how to spell it) you can bury half or so of the pot in the gravel laying on its side. then you will have a little cave for your fish. just a suggestion.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom