Cucumbers!!!

1. THE HABITAT

THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

So i recently picked up a cucumber cause i havn't had one in about 10 years and more importantly i have a BN pleco thats about 1 1/2" and a Rubber lip that is closer to 2".. Is it possible to freeze a few pieces try to feed them at a later date? There is no way me and the 2 little guys can finish off the cucumber i purchased...Thanks...Also is there any preparation to do to it or can i drop a sliver in raw? I've put in Zuccini but seems like the Amano shrimp and everyone else likes that more...

P.S. the 2 plecos are in 2 different tanks...

2. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I slice mine and freeze them in a ziplock bag then take out two run warm water over them and put them in the tank.

3. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

Thanks i was thinking i could put them in with my already frozen zuccini in the ziploc....Do you remove the seeds or just drop it right in...I already peeled it so there is no skin....Will it sink if i drop it in without it attached to anything or should i run hot water over it? My water gets to about 994585748393 degrees in my sink ( minor Exaggeration ) :)

4. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

My bag has cucumber and squash, it won't sink, some say they par boil theirs and they sink, IDK
    I use a fork and stab the edge and lay them in the tank. I keep seeds and don't peel, sometimes they eat the peel sometimes they don't

5. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Boiling works but it does get annoying all the time i also just drop it in stuck to the fork sometimes.