Cuban Cichlid? Question

1. Tian Well Known Member Member

So the LFS guy told me he can get me cuban cichlids if i'm intristid.... Its quite rare in this country and he got on the stocking list but dont want to order but only for special requests for people intrestid...

Ive done quite some research on them, but cant find something realy cause some say its very aggresive, some say its not, other say its great cichlid for community tank and none dominant, others disagree with that. So here's my current setup to be transfered to my 200 gallon real soon like later this week or so.

2 silver dollars, 2 bala sharks, 1 red tail black shark, 1 pleco, 2 butterflies, 2 crayfish, 1 cigar shark, 2 boesemanis, and im planning to get the balas and silver dollars number up to between 4 or 5 each and the cigar shark from 1 fish to 3 fishes thats if i can get any (this one is rescued)- but this will happen later on when im sure the tank is cycled and and and...

I'm realy wanting to add a cichlid or 2 aswell, but most of my options is not capable with the peacefull fish due to their aggression issues....

So what about the Cuban Cichlid? Will they fit in good in a setup like this or not realy?
    If not, is their any suggestions on a not so aggresive cichlid i can add that will grow quite big? I will be adding them as babies and first after all the other fish is in.... that is if space still allows it.

But i just want some ideas now that i can get my things ready this side....

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I wouldn't add anything else to your tank, you're going to be overstocked as it is with a lot of large fish.
    The cigar shark alone will get too big for your tank.

3. Tian Well Known Member Member

Im thinking about rehoming the boesemanis...
    The cigar is fitting in quite well with the 2 balas....
    So perhaps 1 more bala, 3 more dolars...

Then it will be:
    Sharks: 3 balas, 1 cigar, 1 red tail.

5 sd's, 1 pleco, 2 crays and the 2 floating african butterflies (4inch max)

Do you still think this is overstocked accept for the cigar?

How would you stock a tank like this, if u were to have my fish
    Its 1.8metre tall, 60cm wide and 75cm deep....

Its a 810 litre tank.....
    213.97 gallon.... not 200, sorry, lfs gave me wrong capacity at first.
    With a canister filter....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Have you got the dimensions right? Is it a tall column tank?

5. Tian Well Known Member Member

In vertical (left to right) 1.8 meter
    In horizontal (floor to roof) 75cm

And the other part is 60 cm....

Hope this make more sense.....

6. Tian Well Known Member Member

Its a rectangular tank...

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I thought so but had to check.
    Imo even without the cigar shark you're fully stocked, with the cigar shark you'll be overstocked & tbh keeping a potentially 3 foot fish in an almost 6 foot tank will more than likely stunt it, I would rehome it if it were my tank.

8. Tian Well Known Member Member

Okay.... i quite struggle sometime to put things in sencemaking way when it comes to english.... lol.
    I'm thinking about that, its just, of all i know no one else have a tank this size, not even the lfs. And the other lfs that have a 3meter long tank is refusing to take it in since he wants to make that a marine tank...
    So for the moment this fish is best of with me, but i"ll defnitly let go if i can find better circumstances....

9. Tian Well Known Member Member

Luckily he is still a small fish!! About 20cm right now... but yeah, thats for now :(