CS changed color

Sharkdude

So after I moved my sharks into their bigger home my oldest one "Jaws" started to turn lighter colored than the other two, he is very silvery with almost none of the brown-ness that the others have. is this normal?

LyndaB

Is your new tank brackish?

sirdarksol

My guess would be that it's just growing up. In their old tank, they may have been stunted, so they were holding on to their juvenile coloring. Once given a bigger tank, they started growing again, and the biggest one was just closer to adopting adult coloring than the others.

LyndaB said:
Is your new tank brackish?
It looks like it is. There's a salinity listed in the numbers.

LyndaB

Sharkdude

that actually sounds like a good reason I don't know why I never thought of that... thanx guys!

betsyboo

I have had the same thing happen to me , but its my smallest that had gone more silvery than the larger 2.

Sharkdude

Welcome to Fishlore!
how big are yours?

betsyboo

hi, mine are only babies 1 is approaching 5 inches the others r nearly 4. I was also wondering weather some of their change of colour is to do with their food, because when I first had them they loved freeze dried brine shrimp, now the prefer other stuff. but on the box it says it helps with their colouration, so I don't no. but they all seem very healthy and extremly active. we changed from aquarium gravel to sand today and they are loving it

Sharkdude

I would say no their food doesn't have much to do with their color, ive fed mine a couple of different kinds of sinking pellet and they stayed the same, however I recently started to feed them 3mm spectrum thera +a. and they love it

ColumbianShark3

Yeah its normal my male did this when I moved them.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom