Crystal Red Shrimp Molting Or Dying?

Sakana魚

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This shrimp has been hiding in the corner trying to scratch off what looks like maybe molted skin? Off its back(sorry it wont show up in pictures). Its kinda pale and its moving sluggish. Also the things under its tail that I think it uses for swimming are sticking straight out and hes not moving them at all. Is it dying? Is it going to molt? Did it have a bad molt?
IMG_20180519_234434.jpg
IMG_20180519_234414.jpg
(You can see the things sticking out under its tail)

Sakana魚

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's still alive and a bit more active but its things are still sticking out.

Sakana魚

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
-Mak- said:
How's it doing? Do you know your ph, GH, KH, TDS, and temperature?
I have fulval stratum so my ph is low 6.2 or lower I believe and the temp is 73/74ish. I dont know anything else unfortunatly.... Byt its alive and moving around looking normal colored but the things under its tail are still sticking out. Everyone seems to have molted recently so I am guessing that might be what the skin was?(I did do a water change added flourish and excel before I noticed this shrimp so thats probably why everyone molted suddenly)

Since it's been awhile since I noticed this and its still alive would it be safe to same its going to live?

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It looks like the swimmerets are just backwards, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Mine do this sometimes when grooming themselves... maybe yours is like those cats, the ones that are grooming themselves and get distracted and walk around with their tongues still out.

Sakana魚

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Rtessy said:
It looks like the swimmerets are just backwards, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Mine do this sometimes when grooming themselves... maybe yours is like those cats, the ones that are grooming themselves and get distracted and walk around with their tongues still out.
Yeah but its been like that since saturday :/ maybe longer thats just when I noticed it maybe I am just over worrying lol

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hm, maybe just a very distracted cat....
But really, it's likely an injury and not a disease, if it's still alive it's probably going to live through it. The only possible thing I think that could go wrong at this point is maybe if it causes a bad molt, but honestly I don't think it's too likely.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom