Cryptoheros Nanoluteus (Yellow Con)

ccb04

I had basically given up on Cons ... what with my pair becoming 'un-mated' following my female eating her second batch of fry. My male Clyde no longer tolerated Bonnie despite numerous attempts at re-introduction.

In my search to put together another form of Cichlid tank ... I started reading a bit about the 'Yellow Convict' ... though admittedly not much so far.

From the bit I've read, they are supposedly quite peaceful. A couple of sites listing possible tank mates as other peaceful SA/CA species ... even livebearers.

Does anyone have any additional info or first hand experience with the Yellow Cons on such things as what indeed might be good tank mates for a pair of Yellow Cons, etc.?

Aquarist

Hello CCB!

Hopefully someone that has experience with the same fish will be able to help you out today. Hang in there!
Ken

kacie

HI you can find more info at Cichlid Forum in their profile section. They list the cryptoheros as Archocentrus. I have recently aquired and bred Sajica so you might consider those also. I bought my Cryptoheros Sajica under the other name Archocentrus as well. You might goggle just nanoluteus to find out if there is more info out there.
Good luck

btate617

They are tougher to keep than normal cons. Think in terms of keeping Mikrogeophagus Altispinosus ( Bolivian Ram) compared to keeping Mikrogeophagus RamirezI (Blue Ram).

If you can find them I would go for it a cool alternative to cons.

They are Cryptoheros Nanoluteus no matter what people list them as.

Brian

ccb04

Thanks for the replies.

Brian, what makes them more difficult to keep than regular cons? Are they simply more sensitive?

I like the yellow coloration ... but also may just do a limited community of CA/SA. Keyhole, Rainbow, etc.

Speaking of that ... would something like platies be 'safe' in a tank with a Keyhole & Rainbow cichlid? A Bolivian is also in the mix.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ginkgomw
Replies
Views
ccb04
Replies
Views
FireflySky
Replies