Cryptocoryne wendtii green turning brown

BlueAndBlack

Hi,
so I have had her in my aquarium for a little over a month now, but she started getting dark leaves 5 or 6 days ago. I use the easy life plant fertilizer but I don't have co2. I am currently searching for root tabs (I am really unsure which I should take...)
So do you maybe know if it's just co2 or maybe something other? My light is every day 8 hours turned on.
IMG_20201004_235105.jpg
IMG_20201004_235138.jpg

LeviS

Try some root tabs, Crypts are root feeders, they will absorb some from water column but more from the roots to thrive.

Upvote 0

BlueAndBlack

Try some root tabs, i use the seachem ones or ones from aquarium coop. Crypts are root feeders, they will absorb some from water column but more from the roots to thrive.
I have now orderd root tabs and the expected delivery is 7 - 9 oct. Thank you for the reply and I will see what changed when I get them! (I hope it isn't too late )

Upvote 0

BlueAndBlack

Hello again
I now use root tabs since seven days (they do have really good reviews on Amazon) but the plants who were brown didn't change at all(I am not sure if more plants got brown, but if they did then it isn't that noticeable). From underneath the leaves are really red and also the roots grew but not as much as by my "greener" looking crypts. Should I trim the brown leaves or should I just plant them again? Is there another possible cause why they are turning brown/reddish?

IMG_20201013_151423.jpg

IMG_20201013_151338.jpg

Upvote 0

BlueAndBlack

Try some root tabs, i use the seachem ones or ones from aquarium coop. Crypts are root feeders, they will absorb some from water column but more from the roots to thrive.
Thank you, I now use root taps (I looked for the root tabs from coop but I didn't find them because I am not from America and so it's hard to get American products, Amazon does not really sell them either) so I got just high review root tabs not as I just wrote, I don't really see a diference. Most people wrote that saw changes after just 3-7 days of using then. Do you by chance know if it's normal that some crypts are still brown/reddish or not?

Upvote 0

Bluejay010101

I have wendtii green with Flourish tabs and they do turn a shade of brown/reddish tint on some leaves. I think it's normal as long as it's not algae covering them. High light can make their colors change.

What brand light do you have?

Upvote 0

LeviS

Lighting can change color of plants, just monitor them, changes occur long term, id give it 2 weeks to see what happens since just added the root tabs, I wouldnt move them as crypts are sensitive and could possibly melt again just by replanting in the same tank but different location.

Upvote 0

BlueAndBlack

Lighting can change color of plants, just monitor them, changes occur long term, id give it 2 weeks to see what happens since just added the root tabs, I wouldnt move them as crypts are sensitive and could possibly melt again just by replanting in the same tank but different location.
OK I will, thank you! I also have another question, when is it safe to replanting them in another tank? Because soon I will have to replant them (I am guessing in 4 to 6 weeks or so)

Upvote 0

LeviS

OK I will, thank you! I also have another question, when is it safe to replanting them in another tank? Because soon I will have to replant them (I am guessing in 4 to 6 weeks or so)
Crypts are very sensitive, u can try now or later, no guarantee they won't melt at any point of the moving process. I moved an Amazon flame sword, same tank, but has now melted and I don't know why. Some plants are just sensitive to change.

Upvote 0

BlueAndBlack

I have wendtii green with Flourish tabs and they do turn a shade of brown/reddish tint on some leaves. I think it's normal as long as it's not algae covering them. High light can make their colors change.

What brand light do you have?
It is a brand called Aqua-Glo, I have got it from the shop I bought my other stuff too.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BlueAndBlack
Replies
Views
AniketRane
  • Question
Replies
Views