Cryptocoryne Undulatus Melting?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Dan_33, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Dan_33New MemberMember

I have quite a lot of Cryptocoryne undulatus brown in my tank. Some of the leaves are green with brown stems but I have a few that are brown. I felt them and they feel the same as the others. Are they melting or do some leaves go this way? IMG_20180617_123207.jpg

2. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

A lot of crypts do turn a nice brown color, if they're not mushy and seem healthy then I'd take it as normal. Did it come in emersed form and are the brown leaves the younger or older leaves?

3. OP
    OP
    D

Dan_33New MemberMember

I believe they were emersed grown. Bought them from an online store. I'd say it's a mixture of new and old leaves that have turned brown. Definitely not mushy.

4. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

I believe with a lot of crypts the submersed growth looks very different from emersed, eventually since this is a 'brown' variety all the leaves will look like that.

5. OP
    OP
    D

Dan_33New MemberMember

Thanks for the advice. I prefer the look of the brown leaves so hopefully they all go that way

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice