Crypt turning brown

Tetratamer

This crypt. Is turning brownish on me and I don’t get why. I have aquarium co op root tabs in there and I dose easy green. What could be the cause of this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 24

Bruinfishkeeper1

How old is your tank, and how long have you had it over

Upvote 0

Broggy

does it have root tabs?

Upvote 0

Tetratamer

does it have root tabs?
Yes is the original post I use easy green and root tabs
How old is your tank, and how long have you had it over
The tank is about 2 months old. The crypt was at the pet shop I work for and was about to die. Since I brought it home it was growing green leaves but all of a sudden the leaves started to grow own brownish. Attached picture is how it looked about 15 days ago
Also it has put out a healthy runner that is still green.

Attachments

• 837511B7-82DD-4A0B-943D-C9150BF787FB.jpeg
    837511B7-82DD-4A0B-943D-C9150BF787FB.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

Mudminnow

I think it's turning brown like that because it's happy. Some crypts grow brown leaves, especially when they are getting all the light and nutrients they need.

Upvote 0

flopperfrog

This crypt. Is turning brownish on me and I don’t get why. I have aquarium co op root tabs in there and I dose easy green. What could be the cause of this?
i dont think its dying, in fact i think its doing great. lots of crypts grow brown leaves

Upvote 0

Tetratamer

I think it's turning brown like that because it's happy. Some crypts grow brown leaves, especially when they are getting all the light and nutrients they need.
interesting I am glad to hear that it is actually a good thing, rather than a shortcoming by me. this is my first devoted planted tank so I wasn't sure. Thank you all for your help!!!

Upvote 0

Tetratamer

Just a little update. It took a little longer than expected but those root tabs really perked up this plant!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom