Crypt turning brown

Tetratamer

This crypt. Is turning brownish on me and I don’t get why. I have aquarium co op root tabs in there and I dose easy green. What could be the cause of this?

Best Answer - View Tetratamer's answer

Bruinfishkeeper1

How old is your tank, and how long have you had it over

Broggy

does it have root tabs?

Tetratamer

Broggy said:
does it have root tabs?
Yes is the original post I use aquarium co op easy green and root tabs
Bruinfishkeeper1 said:
How old is your tank, and how long have you had it over
The tank is about 2 months old. The crypt was at the pet shop I work for and was about to die. Since I brought it home it was growing green leaves but all of a sudden the leaves started to grow own brownish. Attached picture is how it looked about 15 days ago
Also it has put out a healthy runner that is still green.

Mudminnow

I think it's turning brown like that because it's happy. Some crypts grow brown leaves, especially when they are getting all the light and nutrients they need.

flopperfrog

Tetratamer said:
This crypt. Is turning brownish on me and I don’t get why. I have aquarium co op root tabs in there and I dose easy green. What could be the cause of this?
i dont think its dying, in fact i think its doing great. lots of crypts grow brown leaves

Tetratamer

Mudminnow said:
I think it's turning brown like that because it's happy. Some crypts grow brown leaves, especially when they are getting all the light and nutrients they need.
interesting I am glad to hear that it is actually a good thing, rather than a shortcoming by me. this is my first devoted planted tank so I wasn't sure. Thank you all for your help!!!

Tetratamer

Just a little update. It took a little longer than expected but those root tabs really perked up this plant!!!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom