Crowntail Betta From Meijer

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
About a week ago I was at the Meijer store and I saw a lovely crowntail. I told my mom
And daughter if I only had an open tank. Well I converted a 10 gallon temp turtle tank into a fish tank which ended up freeing up another tank. I went back to Meijer and my crowntail buddy was still there, I was sad for him and shocked no one scooped him up in all that time. They keep Betta their fish on a shelf above the employee sink that they use for fish maintenance. I’m sure they get missed in that spot. I’m glad I got him hopefully in time before too much damage was done. I got home to find my beloved dwarf puffer dead so this wonderful Betta helped soften that blow a little. The pics are not the best but does he look okay ?

Attachments

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah I was surprised to see they were even selling CTs usually they just have a few male VTs, they should find better placement for them ...like set up a shelf by the fish products so people can actually see them!

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He looks great, just keep an eye on the fins I've noticed a lot of them have fin rot. I don't see anything on your guy but definitely worth monitoring just in case.

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks I scooped up two more crowntails from pet supplies plus I’ll get pictures of them soon!

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He looks great, just keep an eye on the fins I've noticed a lot of them have fin rot. I don't see anything on your guy but definitely worth monitoring just in case.
I have had a HMDT crown for over a year and he has some ratty fins as of late. Trying to do a lot of water changes as well as using IAL. He has a hard time swimming with the weight of his tail, his body is really short in proportion to his finnage and I think this is what causes him problems !

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg

And him, he’s still kinda afraid of me so hard to get good ones! I think he’s a little younger based on size.

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom