Crown Tailed Betta

jeremyhusband936

Reaction score
and...here's my betta....he's one of the most beautiful colored fish i have ever seen. He has an awesome tail too.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is ver pretty, but may I recomend a larger tank? When bettas have more room to swim they will use it

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is a beautiful fish and looks healthy. He would be better in a heated and filtered tank as Bettas ARE Tropical fish even though the stores try to make us ignore the fact just so they will sell them as toys.

Thank you for sharing the photo.

Rose

lisa987

Valued Member
Reaction score
Beautiful colors.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ChrisRamo some people do not know any better when they first buy there bettta, I'm sure jeremyhusband did not know until now. When I first got a betta the lfs employee told me that he didn't need a big tank and I didn't know any better, now I do and my betta has a 5.5 gallon tank. Only people who choose to keep them in small bowls when they know the effects are people who don't care for there pets.

He's a nice looking betta, congratulations

Deus

Reaction score
ChrisRamo said:
People who keep Bettas in the tank such as yourself are SCUM
I think that kind of behaviour is shocking. Every single post I read on this site, I always think how nice and helpfull people are. Then I come on a posting like yours which is a total waste of cyberspace. If you can't be helpful, don't be a plonker.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ChrisRamo said:
People who keep Bettas in the tank such as yourself are SCUM
Chris- that was kind of a rude post you left. There are A LOT of people on this site, such as myself, that were very naive in the beginning when they first bought a Betta and had them in small little bowls or small tanks before they learned that it wasn't healthy for them. I had my first Betta in a 1 gallon tank unheated and barely filtered. He suffered a great deal because of it because after  awhile he did not like it and he started showing me by biting himself. It was then that I realized he needed to be in a bigger tank and with  the help of joining this wonderful site for help I learned quite a bit from it. 

Now as we all know everyone is entitled to their opinions here, but to be rude like that is wrong. Especially if that person is just starting out with one and do not know a whole lot about these beautiful fish. I think an apology is in order and would be the right thing to do. Instead of saying comments like that try be helpful and suggest your in-site about it and help him, rather then slam him.

jeremyhusband936 said:
and...here's my betta....he's one of the most beautiful colored fish i have ever seen. He has an awesome tail too.
You do have a beautiful Betta. Does he have a name? We like to talk about our bettas by name because they have such wonderful personalities.

Natalie

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While we all love our fish and want to give them the best life possible sometimes we are new to the hobby and don't know how best to take care of them.
Jeremyhusband- your Betta is beautiful!! I'm sure he would appreciate and stay healthy longer in a larger heated and filtered tank.
ChrisRamo- Most people who keep their bettas in bowls are not scum, they are uninformed. Please be part of the solution and give positive help instead of hurting feelings. I've seen some of your posts and you usually give good well thought out advice, please keep that up.
Carol

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
and chrisramo in my opinion if your talking about fish living in tiny quarters, i would look at your own tank. You seem to have about 45 fish in 60 gallons. When they are full grown many of those fish will be 4 inches long. and it is said one inch of fish needs a gallon. I could be wrong but thats what i got from it.
o yes, that is a pretty fish it like all blue even the head, which i usually don't see

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, let us please, try to help one another and be kind about it. We do not want our forum to become a place where we throw accusations and names at each other. That does not solve anything. Helpful suggestions are what is needed here.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jeremyhusbane, very beautiful Betta! He looks a lot like my Fuego

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I agree with all of you: there is no place for abusive language on Fish Lore. Everyone, please let us stay respectful towards each other. If we want to disagree with someone, or if we do not like what someone did or does, there is a way to let him/her know about it in a nice and non-abusive language.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom