Crossbreeding Guppies with mollies and ect.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Nieveso, Apr 20, 2012.

1. N

Nieveso New Member Member

Hey guys just a month ago I saw my lyretail guppy trying to "dominate" my female Molly at first I was like YAY! My precious muppys and now boom nothing she never showed any signs of pregnancy but I just need a muppy does anyone have any ideas on how to induce them to mate again I only have one idea but I think it's pretty crappy please help me and post pics!! And I have one more thing I just wanted to tell you I also have a blonde albino female guppy who I want to mate with my lyretail but it's just not happening thanks and bye I'll keep you up to date :)

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I hope you know muppies do not live that long and your female maybe is to young or is not into the male. I have had females kill males in the past.

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Although we wish allot of different things for our fin babies, forcing a mating ritual, is not something that we can control. Most livebearers will reproduce on their own.

4. OP
    OP
    N

I know they do not live long but over been breeding mollies and lyretail guppys for years so I got the best male lyretail and best dalmation Molly from my best batches of fry and got rid of the imperfect ones to give the Baby muppies I mean muppies a better chance and if I do good enough they won't be sterile and then they can manifest a healthy new gene pool over a few years :D

5. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Nieveso,

:;f I've deleted your duplicate post. For future reference, you can use the Edit Post button to edit a post if you've made a mistake

6. OP
    OP
    N

oh and i just wanted to tell you my blond albino guppy and my molly are of age they are both four and a half months old

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice