Crossbreeding Guppies with mollies and ect.

1. N

Nieveso New Member Member

Hey guys just a month ago I saw my lyretail guppy trying to "dominate" my female Molly at first I was like YAY! My precious muppys and now boom nothing she never showed any signs of pregnancy but I just need a muppy does anyone have any ideas on how to induce them to mate again I only have one idea but I think it's pretty crappy please help me and post pics!! And I have one more thing I just wanted to tell you I also have a blonde albino female guppy who I want to mate with my lyretail but it's just not happening thanks and bye I'll keep you up to date :)

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I hope you know muppies do not live that long and your female maybe is to young or is not into the male. I have had females kill males in the past.

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Although we wish allot of different things for our fin babies, forcing a mating ritual, is not something that we can control. Most livebearers will reproduce on their own.

4. OP
    OP
    N

I know they do not live long but over been breeding mollies and lyretail guppys for years so I got the best male lyretail and best dalmation Molly from my best batches of fry and got rid of the imperfect ones to give the Baby muppies I mean muppies a better chance and if I do good enough they won't be sterile and then they can manifest a healthy new gene pool over a few years :D

5. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Nieveso,

:;f I've deleted your duplicate post. For future reference, you can use the Edit Post button to edit a post if you've made a mistake

6. OP
    OP
    N

oh and i just wanted to tell you my blond albino guppy and my molly are of age they are both four and a half months old