Crested gecko

Meganrae8148

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a baby crested gecko I bought a month ago now n I haven't seen him shed. When I first bought him n brought him home he had stuck shed on his toes that I helped him get off before putting him in his terrarium. That was a sign that he had shedded before I got him. But now a month later I haven't seen any signs of shed. Every other day I coach him into my hand just to check his feet to see if there is any stuck shed signs of shedding but nothing. He does handle being handled very well doesn't seem stressed he seems to be use to the routine lol. Anyways I heard baby geckos shed weekly wen healthy. if my baby hasn't shed in a month wouldn't that mean something was off. He gets pangea fig and insect as food he is as tiny as my thumb. Eventually I'll add some calcium dusted insect's to his diet but for now I was told pangea is amazing. I was also being told pangea is the perfect diet and they can go there hole life on this diet strictly. I'm kinda confused. Is my gecko not shedding due to lack of nutrients like pangea isn't enough or could it be that he sheds at night eats it and I never see it or do they not shed weekly like I was told? I do keep my humidity at 70 to 80 at night n let it dry out to 50 in the day time so he does have good humidity n dry out period I see him eat his pangea he even eats it from my hand. I'm a complete scrub on repltiles I won't lie this is my very first gecko I'm learning more as I go n I did plenty of research and don't see any thing about crested geckos not shedding.

Ipman37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They do eat their shed skin i have four CG who always eat their skin at night,I wouldn’t worry to much about it as long as he’s eating and keeping weight and not having any stuck shed then I wouldn’t worry so much.I normally feed mine Pangea also one of my Breeder makes only eats it and doesn’t like any insects and he’s perfectly healthy,but you should always feed a varied diet to any animal.

Lysaell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I second what the above user posted, your baby is probably just shedding at night! I sometimes see mine mid-shed during the day, but most of the time my dude eats it while I’m not looking.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom