Creature I'm Unfamiliar With

KoiDreamer

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon that I've slowly been setting up for a tropical community tank. Right now it has some plants, mostly java moss, pond and ramshorn snails and 1 ghost shrimp.
When I was doing a water change, I saw this weird thing floating around and just dismissed it as floating snail poop, but then it moved. Since it isn't one of the creatures that I already have, I don't recognize it and I'm afraid to add the tropical fish till I know what it is.
I was planning to add the fish next week if things continued smoothly, but I don't want them to go in a tank that might have a parasite or something of the like. Can anyone help identify what it might be?

Attachments

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yup, it was possibly just a hitchhiker from your Java Moss. I got some baby snails and something like that a few months back from an ebay seller. Yeah just get rid of the thing.

BRDrew

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looks like some tyoe of planaria or snail. Its probably harmless but get rid of it anyways.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Haha yeah, pretty much ANY undesireable, invading organism, you wanna just chuck.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah especailly those sneaky little hitchhikers. I actually thanked the Java Moss ebay seller in the feedback, because I actually wanted pond snails! lol...

KoiDreamer

Reaction score
I do not want mosquitoes in my room, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for any more. Thank you.
SFGiantsGuy said:
Yeah especailly those sneaky little hitchhikers. I actually thanked the Java Moss ebay seller in the feedback, because I actually wanted pond snails! lol...
I love my snails. I stop by my LFS all the time for more pond snails so that my snails don't become inbred lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom