Crazy Dwarf Gourami

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by neongirl, Apr 20, 2017.

1. neongirlValued MemberMember

So I made a DIY snail trap out of a water bottle and put some algae wafers in the bottom of it. Literally one hour later I check it and what do you know! My CRAZY dwarf gourami squirmed through the small opening and was chowing down in the bottom of the water bottle. I almost couldn't believe my eyes! Made me laugh :)

Attached Files:

2. Feesh404Well Known MemberMember

Well someones been working out (laughter)

3. KarenSoCalWell Known MemberMember

Funny gourami! It's good that comes apart so easily!

4. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

I had a gourami that did some stupid stuff. Apparently I guess he was just flying around the tank and the little dude got stuck in the ornament. When I got home I couldn't find the gourami and looked all over the place. I thought he was dead...I kept looking around and found him wedged in a small hole. So I took the ornament out and got him out of there.

So what does he do again a few days later....stuck...same hole. Can't teach stupid...

5. neongirlValued MemberMember

I'm not even kidding right after I got the gourami out I look over at my betta tank I'm like are you serious lol!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. Little Tank of HappinessWell Known MemberMember

7. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

Kay THAT is funny. I can't believe that gourmi got in there!

8. navarro1950Valued MemberMember

Since your snail trap didn't catch any snails try a couple small clown loaches. This time drop the wafers to the bottom of your tank because the wafers are also loach food but the loach will eat the snails first. My 125 has a lot of plants and the snails hitch hiked in so I added the loaches and before to long I was siphoning out the empty shells and no more snails.

9. neongirlValued MemberMember

@navarro1950 would clown loaches work in my 40 gallon and my 20 gallon? If so how many should I put in each? Thanks for the idea :)

10. lyfeoffishinValued MemberMember

Please don't but clown loaches in a 20 or 40 unless you plan to get a 180+ gallon in the future as they can get to 12"+.

I would suggest assassin Snails to get rid of those pest snails

11. AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

Drop in a piece of zucchini to attract the snails, then the snails out with the zucchini. Viola! You can do this as often as necessary!

12. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Wow! That's pretty smart of him.

13. Feesh404Well Known MemberMember

Now, if you're other fish abuses another fish. Catch em and put them in there, now you're a part of the Navy Seals (ba-dum-tss)