Crazy Cats !

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've got an idea from my previous topic ("New Pictures"). There was talk about funny cat behaviors such as playing with rubber ducks or hiding in paper bags. That made me wonder about what your cats like, or don't like, to do. I'd like to hear about your kitties' behaviors!

My older cat, Tiger (a male tabby), was very playful when he was young but now he seems to be settling down and he's gotten very serious during the last 2-3 years. Nevertheless, he still  loves to play with straws and he likes to chase me around the house, lol. He usually runs after me, then runs in the other direction expecting that I'll chase him back. If I don't, he'll meow really loud until I do! My mom once bought a "bottle cleaner" - a device with a sort of brush on top of it that you insert inside a bottle; then you press a button on it and the brush turns around and cleans a bottle (instead of trying to put your hands inside often small bottles and clean them). But once my mom took it our of the box and pressed the button for the brush to turn around ... that was it. Tiger got crazy about it. And so, we never used it even once to clean any bottles. It's an automatic "cat petter" now, lol. My cat loves when we pet him using that brush, when it's on and turning! Who'd ever think he'll love it? ;D Crazy cats! Besides, he likes running tap water, but he's very scared of water running from the shower in our bathroom.

As for Miss Patches (my younger cat) - as I've mentioned before - she LOVES to play with, and hide in, plastic and paper bags. It's enough that she only hears the rustle of a bag, lol, and ... she's right there, in an instant. Strangely though, Tiger is literally TERRIFIED of plastic bags! When he sees anyone take a plastic bag out, he runs and hides, lol. If there is ONE fly in the house, Miss Patches goes crazy about it and she'll hunt it until she catches it. It's funny to watch her - which sometimes looks like rather "flying" - running after the fly. She'll jump incredibly high, often turning around in the air as if she was performing a somersault! She likes running tap water as well. She also loves to "fight" with one big teddy bear in my room - the first time she saw it, she probably thought it's some live creature because her tail got so big and shaggy! (You know how cats raise their hair up when they're scared or excited, right?)

Not to mention ... both cats are scared to death of a vacuum cleaner ... and of a thunderstorm., lol .

Now I want to hear about your cats!

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tabba plays with one of those little balls with the bell inside and goes up and down the hall way--like she's playing soccer, ;D she kicks and chases that ball like a pro-- although she has bad arthritis and double paws (which are soo cute!!) she seems to lose her balance often, she'll fall over and get right back up and play with that ball!!!!

She also loves anything with feathers, we had this toy that was a stable ball and a stick out othe top with feathers onthe end-- you would swing it around counterclockwise to wind it up, put it down and she would go nuts chasing the feather around the ball!!! heres a pic...

She's an old kittie so when she plays it's not for long-- but i think it's good for her and shows a lot of her character!! mostly she just loves to get rub downs and asking for fresh water by crying in the bathroom every morning, or she's just making sure wer're up and going when we need to be!!! I love her soo much!!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Your kitty is so cute and sounds like a wonderful personality! Have you ever tried cat nip on your cat? LOL ... if not ... it should be available at any pet store. My cats get crazy when they smell cat nip - they start rolling on the floor as if they were drunk (that's why I call it "cat weed" lol). What I also do is I get a sheet of paper and make a paper ball out of it - my cats have more fun with it than with the balls bought at a pet shop (those colorful ones for cats).

I'm sorry about your kitty's arthritis I know how worried you must be about her. If you've read my other post about the new kitty I have and the scare that the vet gave me about her being apparently "very sick" and "not likely to live long", you'll know I do understand you.

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
yes- i forgot to mention cat nip!! Tabba sits out on the deck chillin next to the big pot of fresh cat nip that i started to grow this summer-- she's gets drunk-like off it too!!! but it mkaes it even harder for her to walk-- I plan on drying the catnip leaveds and sewing it into little play pillows for poeple at work who have cats-- for x-mas gifts!! i worry that when we move in a year--it will be too much trauma for her-it took her awhile to get used to the apt- i rescued her from a group home that i work at --where she porbably got ran over by her fare share of wheelchairs- :'( she;s in such a better place now-- i was afraid my boyfriend would flip when i brought her home-- but he admits that she's the cutest-- when i say "you love her admit it" he says "i like her"!!!!!! hahahaha ;D ;D she won him over!! Lila

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mia has decided she likes my fish tanks(oh boy!!) and she likes the 55 gallon loach tank best. When she puts her paws on the glass all four of the yoyos come over to see her and nibble at the glass where her paws are then she pats the glass. They will sit for at least 15 minutes doing this. It so cute.(yes my tanks have covers over them ) The rest of the tank ignores her.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL! My older cat used to chase my Golden Algae Eater but after a while - seeing that his efforts were in vain - he gave up, lol. Now he walks indifferently by the tanks. The younger kitty did the same in the beginning - she'd chase all fish, not just the algae eater, and she'd even jump on the tank covers thinking she'll catch the fish this way, lol. Likewise, she's now ignoring the tanks, knowing she won't be able to catch the fish anyway.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom