Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Crayfish Tank - Finally! I Have Been Waiting For This For So Long!

Discussion in 'Crayfish - Crawfish' started by CaptainAquatics, May 10, 2019.

1. CaptainAquatics Well Known Member Member

Hi! So as some of you know I have a marbled crayfish that had been slowly deteriorating in health. He hasen´t been moving, eating much, or really doing anything but sitting in his cave. I had a similar problem with my african cichlids a while ago and I got them to be more active and eat more by forcing them to come out (By not providing as many hides), so last night I tried doing this for my crayfish. I re-scaped the tank to look like a river bottom but didn´t provide a diberate cave. I did however provide rocks and stuff for him to crawl on. Anyway this morning he was moving around, cleaning, and eating like a crayfish should. I am so happy he is doing better. And my succses with seeing him do well has encouraged me to set up more crayfish tanks. So when I get home I am going to be setting up some spare tanks for a electric blue crayfish and a white crayfish. I will post pics of my current crayfish´s new tank and the tanks I am setting up for more crayfish :)

Let me know what you think :).

2. Crazycoryfishlady Well Known Member Member

By white crayfish, do you mean the ghost type? I dream of keeping those!

3. CaptainAquatics Well Known Member Member

4. nikm128 Fishlore VIP Member

Those are great, really good looking too!

5. LuxuriantTen Valued Member Member

I'd love to see some pictures of your set-ups

6. CaptainAquatics Well Known Member Member

Current crayfish setup:   

The larger of the two new crayfish setups:  

The smaller new crayfish setup (the tank is cracked near the top which is why it isn’t totally full): 

The crayfish section of my fishroom: 

Hope this works. The two tanks that are sitting sideways are the new ones that don’t have crayfish yet. Only the tank all the way to the right has a crayfish. (Also the tank with the crayfish is having its filter cleaned right now).

7. Dino325 New Member Member

That's crazy nice set up