Crayfish small enough for 20 gallon high?

ahouseofscales
Hi! I'm wondering if there are any crayfish species other than the dwarf species that are small enough to live in a 20 gallon as adults. I have kept dwarfs before and while I liked having them I'd love to have something larger. Most of the larger species I've seen have a minimum of 30 gallons so I'm curious to know if there are any species out there that would be small enough. Thanks!

Advertisement
Doomheadthebetta
Hi! I'm wondering if there are any crayfish species other than the dwarf species that are small enough to live in a 20 gallon as adults. I have kept dwarfs before and while I liked having them I'd love to have something larger. Most of the larger species I've seen have a minimum of 30 gallons so I'm curious to know if there are any species out there that would be small enough. Thanks!

Mexican dwarfs. They're orange and so cute. I've never had them but they stay really small. I want to get some but I don't have the space or money. :/

richiep
Most single cray can live in 10 gallon so with a 20 gallon I wouldn't worry just don't buy
Cherax quadricarinatus or red claw crayfish these guys grow over 10"
what type are you looking at? or what's available to you will narrow things down

ahouseofscales
Mexican dwarfs. They're orange and so cute. I've never had them but they stay really small. I want to get some but I don't have the space or money. :/
I've had dwarfs before. I liked them but I'm looking for something a little bit bigger this time.
Most single cray can live in 10 gallon so with a 20 gallon I wouldn't worry just don't buy
Cherax quadricarinatus or red claw crayfish these guys grow over 10"
what type are you looking at? or what's available to you will narrow things down
I don't really have anything specific that I'm looking at. I'm not sure what's available around me but my LFS can order stuff in and I was looking at some of the ones on aquatic arts.

richiep
A 20gal will be fine for a single cray just put a few hiding places in and keep the water clean and he'll be fine

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wardonianfungus
Replies
Views
The_fishy
Replies
Views
Cheesecake
Replies
Views