Crayfish molted and is now dying of starvation

Crazy dude

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have had my crayfish for a little over a year. 2 weeks ago he molted for About the fourth time. He did not eat his exoskeleton and now he will not eat anything. He mostly stays in one spot but he won't eat. We think maybe he can't eat. He is in a 10 gallon tank. He is slowly dying of starvation and I don't know what to do. We used to check his water and it was always fine and then we stopped so could this be caused by his water? We could check his water if needed. Is it also possible that that he is just dying of old age? He was someone's classroom pet and was given to us so we don't know the age of when we got him but he was pretty small.

OP
C

Crazy dude

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He is more my moms pet because she takes care of him. She does do weekly changes and I think she cleaned it today.

Nick Della Rocca

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What color is it? By u saying you had it a year and its still small makes me believe what you have is a dwarf orange crayfish. From what I know they only live about 2 years. How long has it been since it molted? Sometimes mine won't eat for a week. Also I would check the lvls to make sure everything is in check.

New Threads