Crayfish Care

Crayfish Care

FIghtingj

Reactions
Experience
Just started
FIghtingj submitted a new resource:

Crayfish Care - How to keep a crayfish well.

Crayfish, with a notoriously bad reputation of eating fish and escaping tanks, are incredibly over-hated. Yes, they do all of the aforementioned, only because they are self-sufficient and strong. However, these crustaceans can be fun to keep if you keep them properly. Today I will introduce some things about keeping these awesome animals.
1. Tank Size.
Crays should be kept in 5+ gallons, depending on the amount of crays and the species. You need good filtration to keep them due to their...
Read more about this resource...

Club Rob

Reactions
Experience
5 years
Do crayfish attack fish or wait for them to swim by? My daughter has one and we found that the Cray liked to hang in his cover with his claws out.

OP
FIghtingj

FIghtingj

Reactions
Experience
Just started
I have not actually seen a cray hunt a fish, but since they don't swim well I am sure the Crays would wait until the fish relatively close. They also usually attack at night when the fish sleep and don’t move.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Now you say that I put two crawfish in a community tank it was ok for a week or so then fish started disappearing 7 in all,now I didn't see the crawfish attack anything never the less I decided to put them in a tank where I only have striped danios and sure enough one has disappeared and that's it since then I've lost nothing.so maybe the fish was on his last legs,as for the community tank ?????????

MamaVic

Reactions
I also suggest making sure that the tank has a secure and escape proof cover on it to help reduce the risk of finding your dried out friend in a corner someplace in your house.

New Threads