Crayfish babies

Dante09

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So i want to know if anyone knows how to tell if crayfish eggs are fertile? Mine at the moment are all black and they look like this is the biggest they will get. And it is a dwarf crayfish also.

Best Answer - View richiep's answer

Crimson_687

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If the dwarf crawfish is holding the eggs below her tail among her swimmerets, it means the eggs are fertilized.

OP
Dante09

Dante09

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crimson_687 said:
If the dwarf crawfish is holding the eggs below her tail among her swimmerets, it means the eggs are fertilized.
So ima have some babies?? Dang its only been 2 months with these guys. But do you think they can survive in my 5 gallon tank which the mother is in? The only reason i think it might work is because the dragon stone i have in there has a million holes in it so its like little tunnels perfect to hide from bigger crayfish.

Crimson_687

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Unfortunately I have no experience with crayfish breeding. However, be mindful the babies are extremely sensitive to water quality. As for hiding, I would recommend cholla wood and live plants

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dante09 said:
So ima have some babies?? Dang its only been 2 months with these guys. But do you think they can survive in my 5 gallon tank which the mother is in? The only reason i think it might work is because the dragon stone i have in there has a million holes in it so its like little tunnels perfect to hide from bigger crayfish.
As soon as those babies get big enough that they're appealing to the parents, they'll eat them. Crays have no qualms about cannibalism.

richiep said:
if the mother get old of any young she will eat them in a 5gal rest assured you will lose some
Agreed.

OP
Dante09

Dante09

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Cheesecake said:
As soon as those babies get big enough that they're appealing to the parents, they'll eat them. Crays have no qualms about cannibalism.

Agreed.
one more question.besides the orange eggs which i know that means the egg is infertile , do the rest look ok? Im new to crayfish this is why i ask so much.

Attachments

New Threads