Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Crayfish And Killifish Question

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by CaptainAquatics, Apr 22, 2019.

1. CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Hi! I have a marbled crayfish in a 10 gallon tank and I was wondering something. I just picked up some golden wonder killifish and put them in my 10 gallon planted tank build, however I just found out they may not mix well with my small tetras and stuff like that. Could I move him in with my marbled crayfish (who is around 5 inches long)? I mean the crayfish barely comes to the surface. So here are my questions:
    1. Can marbled crayfish and golden wonder killi’s live in peace with each other
    2. How big do golden wonder killi’s get (I have read mixed info)

P.S. I do plan to get a bigger tank soon :)

@Canaculus @richie.p @TheDarkAbyss

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Mine are around 3-4” and about 2yrs old. 4DCFA2A6-B514-4409-A9C5-1A82F444D2C6.jpeg Have had no problems with other fish. I believe the cray will eat it if it’s given a chance.

3. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

A marble cray is much more aggressive than some of the other crays and may very well go after your fish.
    I had a wild cray in with gobies and a bunch of other things and it did well, never clawed or nipped at fish, where as my cpo crayfish have caught and killed fry as well as dwarf shrimps.
    It may not be extremely likely your specific cray will go after the killi, but it's still a possibility

4. CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Ok