Crayfish acting weirder than normal

TheDustyRain

So I’ve had a white crayfish for a little over a month now. I’ve done a lot of research I know about the molting process because I’ve had hermit crabs. It’s pretty similar, right when I brought the crayfish home she molted, and she came out once a day and she take a green bean about every other day she eat the fish flakes and I drop some sinking pellets in her tank. I also bought a couple of cheap go shrimp I know she probably ate them. My question is all of a sudden two days ago she started eating everything she’s eating my Mas ball which is fine it was for her she’s eating green beans she’s eating lettuce she’s eating crushed upEgg shells. My question is is this sudden diet intake a sign of molting? I’ve checked my water and the PH as well as the GH and KH are all in healthy range the nitrates and nitrites are also in a safe range. I just don’t want to stress her out of it’s just a molt thing.
She’s got a cpl tank mates she doesn’t mind. A mystery snail a small female beta and two glow Dino I think. Also have a bunch of hiding places and an Anubis plant.

Attachments

• C8C12C39-B841-44D5-90E8-BC5017AD4E5F.jpeg
    C8C12C39-B841-44D5-90E8-BC5017AD4E5F.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 16

Debbie1986

Mine's only molted 1x, but ate like a horse beforehand and after. Non stop eating machine for 1-2 days.

He's healthy, so I know he eats, but I rarely see it now.

They eat snails and will crack shells. I'm not sure if they'll go after a mystery snail, but JMO I would not house them together.

I have well over 100 ramshorn snails total. so I don't mind if he snacks on them & keep some in his tank.

I just don't trust the crayfish with fish either. The fish know it's a predator and could be attacked when sleeping. They can move fast and the pinchers can be hard to release.

Just make sure to keep food available to avoid any attacks on pets.

Upvote 0

TheDustyRain

Thank you I will just keep an eye on him

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
CrustaceanDude
Replies
Views
John58ford