Crayfish Acting Strange

victoriap123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So after I found out that my crayfish was a ghost crayfish, I kept all of his tank parameters the same since my temperature was good and he was thriving. He would be all over the tank all day and would always be almost excited to eat like he would run to get his food. But now for almost the past month he is bearly active throughout the day, won't come out if his light is on (which was never an issue), and will not eat. I still have been putting his food in his tank, but I don't really see him eating it or go near it and also I cant tell if the pellet just dissolved or he actually ate it. I would feed him other things besides pellets but he refuses to eat it and I cant leave it in there without it making a mess in the tank and screwing with the conditions of the water. Overall he's just been acting strange and doing things he's never done before (like sitting out on top of his hiding spot for hours on end, that I've never even seen him go on, but whenever I turn the light on he runs into his hiding spot). I'm really concerned because he is completely different from how he used to be and I really don't want him to be in pain or to die. If anyone maybe knows what might be going on or can help that would be amazing.
Thanks

victoriap123

Reaction score
ELON MOLLUSK said:
How big is he/she? Do you remember when the last Moult was? What do you keep the water temperature at? Hopefully he is just about to moult
has about 3 inches and his last molt was on April 15th so about 6 weeks ago and his water is at like 70-72 degrees. But his last molt he acted nothing like this.

ELON MOLLUSK

Valued Member
Reaction score
victoriap123 said:
has about 3 inches and his last molt was on April 15th so about 6 weeks ago and his water is at like 70-72 degrees. But his last molt he acted nothing like this.
Hmmm , well I wish I could be of more help . How is he doing?

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i really hope the lil dude gets better!!! this makes me sad no idea what could be wrong

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom