Cray slowly dying? any suggestions would be welcome

Discussion in 'Blue Lobster' started by Crazy4cray, Jul 8, 2015.

1. C

Crazy4cray New Member Member

We've had our Lady Cal since Jan/ Feb this year. Purchased from a local pet store, and lived harmoniously with 10 cichlids in a 36 gal tank for months. One day it appeared as though her eyes were "missing" . Fearing that that cichlids had picked on her or that she was ready to molt we removed her to her own 5.5 gal filtered tank. We've added egg shells for calcium and drops of iodine in case a molt was on the horizon but she hasn't molted the whole time we've had her which makes me think she's as big as she's going to get. So finally my question. Her eyes are still not right but her longer antenna have disintegrated the left completely and the right almost gone. She has started to get little black dots on her tail as well. I'm just wondering if she is ok and just in her golden years or if she's slowly dying :( she's been in her own little tank for over 2 months and I've been feeding her brine frozen shrimp that she devours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. T

Thetanknwebie Well Known Member Member

I think it might need iodine

3. OP
    OP
    C

I have put iodine in there :-/

4. K

KevAndKay New Member Member

Any progress?

5. OP
    OP
    C

No, she's definitely blind I believe .. both of her larger antenna are disintegrated . She eats well and seems happy but the little black dots worry me. Any idea what they could be? I think she might just be older then we thought. We've had her for months and she's never molted

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice