Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Cray-safe Medicines?

Discussion in 'Crayfish - Crawfish' started by CastleGrayskull, Apr 18, 2019.

1. CastleGrayskullValued MemberMember

Hey folks!

I have a crayfish. I also have a few fish that I think might have come down with some ich or gill flukes. I picked up some ParaGuard because I thought that it was invertibrate safe. But now, I don't think that it is. So! What medications would you suggest to deal with illness in fish that can be used with a crayfish/invertebrates in the tank?

2. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

To date I dont think theres any ich medication safe for inverts you will need to separate them treat and after treatment put carbon in your filters to take out remaining medications do a big water change and return all your inverts

3. CastleGrayskullValued MemberMember

I did some thorough research last night and it seems that ParaGuard is not recommended because they can't test it on every invert, but people who have used it WITH inverts report very few casualties.

4. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

That would put suspicion in my mind (very few casualties) this is what people are up against when they mix shrimp and fish it's very hard to treat fish without harming the shrimp, In an ideal world taking the fish out to treat would be best, it's a decision only you can make , another option open to you is get a good size container that would hold the amount of water you take out on a change and put that in the container with some moss then if by any chance the shrimp are affected by the treatment get what you can out into that container, that's the best advise I can give there may be someone with a different idea