Cray leg issues

Tdahl09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My cray just had her 3rd molt since I got her and ever since her 1st one her legs haven't formed properly. She lost 2 small under legs on 2nd molt.

I started putting iodine in the water and have crushed cuddle bone in the tank. Will she ever full recover?

Her new legs grew back but they are deformed and it seems hard for her to get around she flips over a lot and seems to be stuck but eventually finds a way to wedge herself against rocks to get upright.

She eats fine and seems happy she just isn't very mobile. When I put food in she comes out of her cave and eats.

Live everyday

Live everyday

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know anything about caring for crayfish and I sorry your having those problems with her, but she sure is pretty. Hopefully someone will come along to help. Alison

Tdahl09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks I love her so much I just want her to be healthy

Live everyday

Jsigmo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know the answer.

Hopefully one of the experts on crayfish water chemistry will chime in.

We're lucky where we have our crayfish tanks that we can use the same water they came from to fill the aquariums. But I have to think that when using a different water source, you may need to supplement it in some cases.

But it sounds like you're already doing that.

They do tend to redevelop any damaged appendages little by little with every molt. Hopefully that will happen.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom