Cray leg issues

Discussion in 'Crayfish - Crawfish' started by Tdahl09, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Tdahl09

Tdahl09Valued MemberMember

My cray just had her 3rd molt since I got her and ever since her 1st one her legs haven't formed properly. She lost 2 small under legs on 2nd molt.

I started putting iodine in the water and have crushed cuddle bone in the tank. Will she ever full recover?

Her new legs grew back but they are deformed and it seems hard for her to get around she flips over a lot and seems to be stuck but eventually finds a way to wedge herself against rocks to get upright.

She eats fine and seems happy she just isn't very mobile. When I put food in she comes out of her cave and eats.

Live everyday

Live everyday

2. OP
    OP
    Tdahl09

Here are some photos
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439080608.583124.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439080622.782677.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439080634.738471.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439080646.883442.jpg

Live everyday

3. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I don't know anything about caring for crayfish and I sorry your having those problems with her, but she sure is pretty. Hopefully someone will come along to help. Alison

4. OP
    OP
    Tdahl09

Thanks I love her so much I just want her to be healthy

Live everyday

5. Jsigmo

JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

I don't know the answer.

Hopefully one of the experts on crayfish water chemistry will chime in.

We're lucky where we have our crayfish tanks that we can use the same water they came from to fill the aquariums. But I have to think that when using a different water source, you may need to supplement it in some cases.

But it sounds like you're already doing that.

They do tend to redevelop any damaged appendages little by little with every molt. Hopefully that will happen.

6. OP
    OP
    Tdahl09

Thanks

Live everyday

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice