Cray In 20 Gallon High?

Discussion in 'Crayfish - Crawfish' started by Anthony DiMezza, Jun 26, 2018.

1. A

Anthony DiMezza Valued Member Member

wanted to put one blue cray in my 20 gallon but its a 20 gallon high will that be a problem?

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

20 gallon long is recommended. A 20 high doesn't have a big enough footprint. Is there any way you can upgrade?

3. OP
    OP
    A

unfortunately i don't have the money to upgrade

4. penguin02

Then I wouldn't recommend getting a blue crayfish. I believe you can do 2-3 Dwarf Mexican Crayfish, though.

5. OP
    OP
    A

they will be good in a 20 high?

6. penguin02

Yeah, their minimum is a 1og gallon, which has the same footprint as your tank. Make sure to do your research though.

7. g

guppylord New Member Member

True 20 gallon long is much better for crays but if you are talking about blue crayfish the blue color morph of Louisiana crawdaddy, either p alleni or p claekii they are rather tiny(5 inch eye to tail) even full grown male will look like it is in a mansion 24 by 12 by 16. In fact the 16 inch of empty water column probably will bother most people so much at some point that they usually get some fish and find them gone overnight. I do agree with penguine tho, you should definitely get a few dwar cray, and you can get some nice fish too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice