Crawfish

cjwalker28

Reaction score
I have 2 freshwater crawfish, I'm not sure what kind, and I had them in my community tank, until they got big, and My friend has a few excape artists, they crawl out of his tank some how. They will find them the next day bone dry, still alive, somewhere in the house. So, my crawfish are big and I want to move them to their own tank. Would it be safe to have like a half water, half island thing for a 10 gallon tank?

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi CJ,

I'm not sure about the half water in a 10 gallon tank (How big are your crays anyway? ;D )

You should probably try to secure the cover so that they can't climb out especially if you have ornements in the tank that they can use to climb on!!

Just a suggestion, but they may prefer cave formations to an island as they love to hide in the caves for most of the day...You may also find them moving around the smeller objects and rocks in the tank to suit themselves ;D

Buzz

BristolBulldog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Crayfish are really really hardy. This is what my crayfish went through: -
1 tank change. Every fish died in the new tank, except the crayfish.
He got out of that tank, and was found on the floor a day later. He must have dropped the full 5ft to the floor to have been there.
He went back into that tank straight away,

he then got transfered to a secure tank two days later.

He is still happy, and fine.

If you have airhoses running up corners to keep them tidy, they tend to get between the airhoses and the side, and "forward moon walk" up the side of tank. i have caught mine absailing with his big claws back down them as well. Very funny indeed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom