Crawfish TankMates

1. crawfishcrazy27

crawfishcrazy27 Well Known Member Member

Currently I have 10G aquarium with a 2.5 inch Vanilla Crawfish and a Dwarf Gourami. Any good tankmates? Btw the DG and Crawfish get along fine! ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407466441.286931.jpg

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I don't really know anything about crayfish so I don't know what are some good tank mates with them. But my guess you can probably add 2 guppies or platies. You can't really add anything Big because there's nothing much that can fit. Maybe endlers or something small.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Advertisement

3. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Unfortunately crawfish are better kept by themselves. They will harass just about any fish and nip at their fins especially if they catch the fish at night sleeping. What kind of crayfish is it? I have never heard of a "white" crayfish.

Advertisement

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

5. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

Dolfan when I got it from the lfs it was named as a "Vanilla Lobster" if that helps at all. Also thanks for the advice Brandon!

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

6. Sayba

Sayba Well Known Member Member

I have a 20 long with one red claw crayfish, she was tiny before her last two molts. I was recommended zebra danios as a tank mate. Even at her tiny size she managed to get one and zebra danios are very small active fish, crayfish are slow and not that smart in my opinion xD It must have been like us snatching a blue bottle fly out the air.

I wouldn't risk it, I got rid of my fish as soon as she killed the first one, it's just risky and unfair on the fish.

I know it's hard watching the tank looking bare while they crayfish hides, that's why I ended up with fish. Big mistake though.

7. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

Thanks Sayba! I am actually looking for a larger tank (25+ long if anyone has one for sale) and if and when I get that tank I am going to put in lots of hiding spaces so it does not feel as stressed.

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

8. Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

i have 2 dwarf orange crays(cpo) i have 4 danios 2 neons 2 emerald corys and 4 jullis coreys. no problem. however mine supposed to be someehat relaxed.

9. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

What tank size do you have nick

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

10. Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

its a 20h

11. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

Ok

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

12. T

Teishokue Well Known Member Member

craw fish will eat w/e it can catch.

13. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Star.gif Duplicate threads have been merged. Please only create 1 thread per topic to prevent confusion among members.

Thanks!

Ken

Advertisement