Crappy Pics of My Tank! LOL!

EmpPleco
Hello Everyone!!

I wanted to show you some of the pics of my tanks/fishes - The pics are kinda crappy because my digital camera sucks,

But I have to give a HUGE thank you to Marc - I would not have been able to post these if it wasn't for him

The first pic is of my 20 gallon tank,

The second pic is of my 10 gallon tank, and you can kind of see a blurry betta in the background (mitch)

The third pic is of my little frog Smackie - from my 10 gallon.

I will have to add the rest in a reply to this topic, they won't all fit at once

Jon
very nice

EmpPleco
Here are some more:

The 1st is a pic of my 20 gallon and a blurry pic of my gourami over the driftwood, and U can also see one of my glass cats heads at the top left

The 2nd is one of the same dwarf gourami (20 gallon)

The 3rd is one of my blurry zebra danios - They are so fast, it was hard to get a picture, lol! (20 gal)

atmmachine816
nice tank tough

Isabella
EmpPleco your tanks are really cool I love your fishies! Beautiful zebra danios, gourami, and frog. And you have glass cats in there! I always wanted glass catfish but I don't want to overcrowd my tanks, so I will wait with glass cats for my next big tank ... whenever it will be, lol. I also know they need a lot of space and that they like to be in large schools since they're very shy. Anyway, beautiful tanks

EmpPleco
Thanks!! I will try to post better ones soon, those are kind of blurry, and I am also trying to get a picture of my pleco (because he's gorgeous, and my favorite fish, but he only comes out into the open at certain times during the day)

EmpPleco
Oh BTW - Isabella, my glass cats are not shy at all! They swim in a school with my zebra danios -- I never thought that they would do that both both all 10 of them really get along well together I call them my wigglers tho, because they will just wiggle their little see-thru bodies at the top of the tank when they are hungry lol

Jon
I thought this was my board. D'OH!!!!!

EmpPleco
Here's one more (for now, lol)

Jon
your tank is so purty what are the plants?

EmpPleco
Sadly enough, they are all fake -- but I am going to add two anubias next weekend

EmpPleco
Probably - there was a few different kinds, Ill have to see which I like best

Jon
nanas are really easy and common

EmpPleco
Here are three more (Probably the last three I will post for some time )

The first one is a clearer pic of my Betta Mitch (from my 10 gallon)

The second and third ones are of my favorite fish, my Emporer Pleco (hence my name) The third one I made sideways because he is sucking on the wall, lol) Hope you Enjoy!

Jon
ooo I like the pleco

EmpPleco
Thanks !! I LOVE HIM hehehe :

Jon
is that type difficult to find I have not seen one at any stores?

is that where your name is from Emppleco= Emperor Pleco?

EmpPleco
Yes sir, I named myself after the fish lol.

Another common name for this fish is "Flash Pleco" but Emporer Pleco is the name my LFS uses. You can also google "L-204" (that is this fishes L number) and you will find tons of fun info and pics

I have not seen this one in any other fish stores, I'm not sure how it is for everyone else, but my LFS has them all the time

Mike
Very nice pics EmpPleco - thanks for sharing!

goldenrod1967
Your tanks look very nice....your pleco is gorgeous and I also like your frog!!! I love how African frogs smile! ;D

EmpPleco
lol yes it does seem like they are smiling all the time

heartbeat
ll ur betta looks like a tail....lol I'm just kiding great tank

EmpPleco
lol I take no offense but what do you mean "tail"?

Jon
lol betta looks like a tail? what?

beckers4oranges
that pleco is nice...how big will he get and how much did he cost?

EmpPleco
5 inches maximum (he's about 4 1/2 now) and he was my most expensive fish at a whopping 20 bucks and he was only 2 inches lol ;D

beckers4oranges
are they common in aquarium shops would you think?? whered u buy yours?

Gunnie
Cool photos! Thanks for sharing!

EmpPleco
I got mine at a place called Exotic Aquatics in Baltimore, Maryland.

Their site is under construction now, but I think you may be able to shop from it soon.

I'm not sure how popular they are. Hard to tell. They always have them at my fish store though

Marc
I talked to someone at my LFS today and they said that they don't keep them in because they're hard to keep and expensive. They did have a good Pleco, though it doesn't look as good as yours

EmpPleco
Thanks Marc

They are actually one of the personal favorites of the guy that runs my LFS so he keeps them all the time.

EmpPleco
Hello Again,

I just wanted to show a better pic of my dwarf gourami

I downloaded the pic tophotobucket, so you can click on the link to view it from there

clear.gif

Enjoy I think this one brings out his colors a lot more

PS> If you look closely, you can also see one of my glass catfish in the lower left corner

fish_r_friend
I think I saw 2 of your glass cats

EmpPleco
hehe ! good eye! actually now that I look harder. You can see 3

1 on the lower left, two right under the gourami's body. lol

chickadee
Jaime -

Such lovely tanks! So nice to see Mitch again. He is looking in fine health and beautiful as always and of course they always manage to get into the shot somehow, the little hams. They basically like having their pictures taken, I believe.

You have such a nice group of fish. I love your pleco. He is absolutely lovely. At one time I wanted a Zebra Pleco, until Butterfly pointed out the price! But I think I like the looks of yours every bit as well.

I love the ruins in your 20 gallon tank. It gives it an elegant look and a fitting home for an "Emperor" LOL. The real plants will look great in the tanks, but the "fake" ones you have in there now are lovely. Your decorating is unique and your fish seem to be really enjoying their home.

Rose

EmpPleco
Thanks Rose I just remodeled my tank, actually. my fiance and I made a little hill on the right side, so the gravel is like 5-6" deep on the far right and it slopes down from there. I got rid of the colliseum that I had and put in a large branching piece of driftwood on the gravel slope. I made a huge plant the centerpiece, and my Emp Pleco has been coming out so much more now that I put that anubias on the smaller piece of driftwood that I already had. It sucks that I wasn't able to get any oto's last night. I really wanted them

But anywho -- I'll post pics of the new remodeled tank today, and hopefully better pics of my darling plec

EmpPleco
Hello AGAIN!

lol I am picture crazy!!!!!! Here are two more

The first one is a pic of my crazy pleco on the driftwood (with my new anubia coffeefolias )

The second one is a pic of some of my glass cats . Enjoy

clear.gif

clear.gif

chickadee

Jaime -

For someone who thinks they have a rotten camera, you sure do take fine pictures, girl. They are great. Especially the one of the Glass Cats. I had never seen them before and couldn't pick them out in your other picture as I didn't know what to look for. Now I have seen them up close I realize how beautiful they are.

Great picture of your pleco too. I can see why he is your favorite.

Rose

EmpPleco
lol well you have to admit -- the first couple pretty much stunk, but I like to think I have gotten better since then, lol --

oh and also -- I really wanted to show you guys that remodeling, as I think it looks so much better, but it's really hard to get a good picture of how the gravel slopes. but the fish love it

oh and rose -- thank you for your wonderful comments I also wanted to ask you a question. This summer when I go on vacation with my fiance, I wanted to stroll along the beach and find pretty little seashells and ocean rocks to put in the 10 gallon with Mitch do you think that is a good idea if I boil them first ?

beckers4oranges
that is one of the coolest plecos out there...I was gonna get one yesterday but I don't have room in my tank! very pretty fish

EmpPleco
Thanks You have them at your LFS? I know some people said that rhwy sisn'r have them at their local fish store, so I was just guessing they were hard to find. Luckily mine always has them lol. It's the store owner's fav fish lol

chickadee
Yep they will have to be boiled and boiled and boiled. If you put them right in you will have one dead fishie. I don't think I would even go into a store and buy one without boiling it. You just never know who or what has touched it. Maybe I am being a little paranoid but I have a real fear of sick fish. (just lost my first Betta in December from dropsy and I am so protective now, I don't even hardly let anyone breathe on them.)

I would rather be safe than sorry. Just no detergents or soap on it at all ever if you are going to put it in the tank. Just water. And you don't need to worry about the dechlor in the water if you are going to boil it.

Let the shells cool in the water or they may crack.

Rose

EmpPleco
Thanks -- I think that would be really cool -- don't you cute .. I can't wait -- although I'm a nerd, because our vacation is MONTHS from now lol

jim55379
They are nice Empleco Not crappy. There was only 1 or 2 from page 1 that were slightly blurry but it's hard when you have moving water ect to find the right camera, shutter, aperature settings. nice pics ...... Why do theey call them glass cats? are they fragile LOL... thanks for sharing with us...

EmpPleco
LOL in a way yes they are fragile, because they are scaleless so they are more sensitive to poor water quality (and forget about aquarium salt) lol -- but the reason they call them glass cats is because you can see right through to their internal organs (which are up by the head, and their skeleton Very cool looking I think.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom