Craigs List Deal Do Or Don't

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by raptorsvt79, Apr 9, 2010.

1. raptorsvt79

raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

hey guys just wanted your opinion....There is a deal on craigslist for a 40 gallon tank, which includes heater, light and stand, but no filter for $70.00...the guy showed me pics and it looks pretty good and he's even willing to deliver? what do you guys think should i get it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. steed1172

steed1172Well Known MemberMember

well in a store the 40G would probably be close to the 70 by itself.. then lights(depending on what kind) can be VERY expensive, heaters an avg of $15-25, stand varies.... over all it would seem like a good deal.... just my "realistic" views

also, if you DON'T get it, theres always a very high chance that there will be another aquarium at some later point. and it may be an even better deal...*might* chances and risks.

3. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

yeah 40 gallon is my limit right now, since i live in an apartment...so maybe it is a good deal for a 40 gallon

4. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

if it has a cover as well, id go for it!! if thats the pic of the tank, make sure its not got a leak at the top ....fill it and leave it outside to be sure !

5. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

yeah those are the pics...i'm really leaning towards getting it...need to get a bigger home for my harlequins, cory's and my four month old krib

6. cm11599ps

cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

I would inquire as to why the tank wasn't filled all the way up first.

7. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

i'll do that thanks

8. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

looks like he just put the sand in for the pictures.

I think its a good deal. Stands alone cost $50-70

9. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Pretty good deal IMO. I'd go for it and make the upgrade to a canister filter with the money you've saved over buying new. :)

10. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I just sold a 20 gallon w/stand and supplies for $60 on CL. Can't see the stand well in the pics, but if you feel it's a bargain, then go for it. ;)

11. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

i was about to go for it....i was supposed to get a check today and with that money i was going to get the tank, but now they told me it wont be ready till next monday....hopefully its still availible

12. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

i got the tank...it was still availible and i love it...

13. harpua2002

Nice! Let's see pics! :D

14. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

i'll get them up as soon as i set it up....the stand seems kinda unsturdy, but with the weight of the water i'm hoping it will seem stronger...

15. harpua2002

Uh oh.... you sure it's a stand designed for an aquarium, or do you think the seller put the tank on a table or something?

16. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

well it fits exactly on the stand...the pics he showed me have the tank filled on the stand....i'll give it a try or else i'll get a new one...

17. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Congrats on the new tank Raptor!
    I'll be looking forward to updates from you.
    Ken

18. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

:;wv

19. OP
    OP
    raptorsvt79

thanks guys i appreciate it....now i have the awsome burden of thinking up what additional fishies to stock it with??? any suggestions???

20. Jrobber

JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Nice pick up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice