Cracked Seachem Bottle?

1. Gala

Gala Well Known Member Member

I got a bottle of Flourish and Prime in the mail about a week ago, something was leaking in the box and it stained a spot in my bed purple. I was putting away my bottle of Prime tonight and I knocked it over. Some liquid got on the ground and I saw the crack in the bottle. I put some superglue on it and I hope it will be fine. Anyone know if that's okay? It's Seachem brand super glue, I don't know if having a crack in the bottle will do anything to the formula for Prime. This is my first time using it.

2. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

The super glue shouldn’t hurt it but not sure how the crack would affect the potency if the Prime. Perhaps contact Seachem and ask. They have a responsive website.

3. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

Id return it or get a refund.

4. OP
    OP
    Gala

Just emailed Seachem about it, hopefully it'll be all good.
    Don't think I can return it anymore thanks to the superglue. Just kinda panicked lol

5. OP
    OP
    Gala

Sooo...they haven't emailed me back yet. Pretty sure I did everything right...I feel like the bottle is safe so I'm just gonna keep using it.

6. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

It’s probably ok. If it’s just a crack that very little air could get in to dry out part of the product, it won’t be any worse than their lids. Which I’ve been meaning to email them about. One bottle spills every time I knock it over.

7. OP
    OP
    Gala

I feel you there. Even though I sealed the crack, the screw on cap still leaks a little.

8. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Isn’t that terrible? If it didn’t stink to high heaven it wouldn’t be so bad! Lol