Cracked old tank

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by GBR.Moorrreeee, Apr 12, 2010.

1. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

Hello,
    It appears i have MTS. I just wanted to know if there's any way that i could fix my old 5.5 gallon tank that we used for an African Clawed frog, because it has cracks down the back. I have been using duct tape to seal it up and am using it as a hospital tank (P.S. duct tape fixes EVERYTHING). Is there any way i could more permanetly fix it?? I think i might use it as a Bumble Bee Goby tank.

2. ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

Not sure that would be a great idea. A 5 gal tank costs like $20 anyway, just buy a new one. A leaking tank is a nightmare.

3. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

A 10 gal is $13 @ walmart.

4. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

Thanks. It doesn't leak i'm just looking for a better solution. The reason i don't go by one is because myk parents are against a new tank (im still working on my 46) so i have the excuse that im not setting up a new one but starting an old one.

5. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

If is a regular rectangular tank remove all the old silicone and clean it very good and re-sealed again with aquarium silicone or 100% silicone.

6. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

How do you fix the crack, its in the middle of the back panel??

7. ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

Like I said, I don't think there is a reliable way short of replacing the pane of glass. It may not leak now, but if it gives out you will have a MESS on your hands.

8. cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

Just chuck the tank if you plan to use it as a ful aquarium. You're just playing with fire by trying to use the tank.

9. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice