Cracked old tank

• Thread starter GBR.Moorrreeee
  • Start date

GBR.Moorrreeee

Hello,
It appears I have MTS. I just wanted to know if there's any way that I could fix my old 5.5 gallon tank that we used for an African Clawed frog, because it has cracks down the back. I have been using duct tape to seal it up and am using it as a hospital tank (P.S. duct tape fixes EVERYTHING). Is there any way I could more permanetly fix it?? I think I might use it as a Bumble Bee Goby tank.

ppate1977

Well Known
Not sure that would be a great idea. A 5 gal tank costs like $20 anyway, just buy a new one. A leaking tank is a nightmare.

navyscuba

Well Known
A 10 gal is $13 @ walmart.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Thanks. It doesn't leak i'm just looking for a better solution. The reason I don't go by one is because myk parents are against a new tank (I'm still working on my 46) so I have the excuse that I'm not setting up a new one but starting an old one.

navyscuba

Well Known
GBR.Moorrreeee said:
Thanks. It doesn't leak i'm just looking for a better solution. The reason I don't go by one is because myk parents are against a new tank (I'm still working on my 46) so I have the excuse that I'm not setting up a new one but starting an old one.
If is a regular rectangular tank remove all the old silicone and clean it very good and re-sealed again with aquarium silicone or 100% silicone.

GBR.Moorrreeee

How do you fix the crack, its in the middle of the back panel??

ppate1977

Well Known
Like I said, I don't think there is a reliable way short of replacing the pane of glass. It may not leak now, but if it gives out you will have a MESS on your hands.

cm11599ps

Well Known
Just chuck the tank if you plan to use it as a ful aquarium. You're just playing with fire by trying to use the tank.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Thanks.

Top Bottom