Crack on the coner of the tank

Maryg18
Hello guys, we just purchase this tank yesterday and when we arrive home we notice it had some cracks. It seems like they were done when the seller was loading it. I was wondering if with time would it explode, crack or not hold the water pressure. I have attach pictures for reference. Thank you

RayClem
How big is the tank?

The corner is the point of highest stress in a tank, so if the tank leaks or fails, that is likely to be the point of failure. A chip along the side would be less of a problem than a chip at the corner. I always purchase rimmed tanks as the rim protects the vulnerable corners for damage.

I was in a Petco yesterday and noticed some 10 gallon tanks that had chips in the side, so I did purchase one, even at $1 per gallon.

Based on the thickness of the glass in your aquarium, I presume it is a rather large aquarium. If there is a failure, it could do a lot of damage. I would suggest your contact the store immediately and make them aware of the problem, but since the tank is now in your possession, it is going to be difficult for you to prove that the damage occurred before you left the store.

AggressiveAquatics
I’m not sure if it would explode. But just in case I would contact the seller for an exchange

Maryg18
RayClem said:
How big is the tank?

The corner is the point of highest stress in a tank, so if the tank leaks or fails, that is likely to be the point of failure. A chip along the side would be less of a problem than a chip at the corner. I always purchase rimmed tanks as the rim protects the vulnerable corners for damage.

I was in a Petco yesterday and noticed some 10 gallon tanks that had chips in the side, so I did purchase one, even at $1 per gallon.

Based on the thickness of the glass in your aquarium, I presume it is a rather large aquarium. If there is a failure, it could do a lot of damage. I would suggest your contact the store immediately and make them aware of the problem, but since the tank is now in your possession, it is going to be difficult for you to prove that the damage occurred before you left the store.
It’s a 90Gal
Im going to contact them but i tho the same thing as you that it would be hard to prove so will see. Thank you

ForceTen
I would not trust that at all!

Latest threads

Top Bottom