crab and crayfish?

browningboy93

Reaction score
am i able to put a crab with a crayfish??

i have a 3 ft tank with in a 1ft place for the crab with in the tank but i havnt got the crayfish yet but i
rly want one

i dont know what type of crab it is all i no its a freshwater one and the crayfish i probby will
get it a blue one (not the red craw one)

i also have 1 silver shark, 3 rainbow sharks, 3 rosy barbs, 3 snails, 3 adult mollies and about 20 baby
mollies

so am i able or will they both fight and kill each other?

Toddnbecka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Carnival crabs are fine in fresh water, but almost all other species require brackish water for long-term maintenance. The rainbow sharks would be liable to kill any crayfish when it molted, if it didn't get the other fish first. It's almost always best to keep inverts in a separate tank to avoid problems.

zeddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had a blue lobster fed him krill, and it still ate and destroyed all the finnage on my other fish. when i got him he was about 1.5 inches when i sold him to the pet store he was obout 5 inches. At that size he killed and ate my 4 inch angle, 2 gouramys, and my flour shrimp. be carefull what you put them with

darkwolf29a

Valued Member
Reaction score
You're alright keeping non-bottom dwellers in the same tank. I wouldn't put crabs, catfish, or plecos with a cray. I have one with a tetra and some tiger barbs. Everyone gets along fine, because the fish are too fast for the cray.

I put the cray in my 55, originally, and she didn't get along with the pleco I brought home. So, I had to seperate them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom