Cpr Overflow Video

agsansoo

Here a great overflow video on how a CPR overflow works ! Check it out !

Hope this helps all those researching sumps and overflows. For those of us without drilled tanks.

Mike

I've been contemplating these for my 55g. Great video - thanks Andy.

sgould

That was relatively awesome. x

sirdarksol

This is really cool. My next project may involve something like this.

agsansoo

I recommend a Rio RVT Powerhead, instead of the Tom's aqua lifter. Why suck water/air out of the overflow box, when you can do it in the tank with a powerhead. If the tom aqua lifter leaks ... wet floors. If a powerhead leaks ... no harm it's in the tank. Plus more water movement in the tank.

Martinismommy

I have that system..I'm having problems right now and need help...My son brought this tank over and I have no clue how to run it..The problem I'm having is the back of the overflow only has about 3 inches of water in it..I've tried filling it up but it just drains back down..Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

sirdarksol

Are you able to get a siphon started at all?
If it's drawing water and just draining quickly, there shouldn't be a problem (that I can see), as long as it's dumping water into the sump (or whatever it leads to), and as long as the pump is returning water to the tank, things should be good.

Martinismommy

That is exactly what it is doing.....The flow to the sump is fine but the water level on the overflow tank is low...It seems to be going through a LOT of water...I'm adding at least a gallon a day! I can't see any leaks but it just doesn't seem normal to me..I have an aqua lifter on it...I think I may need a new one as it has air bubbles in the lines.When the water slows down to the sump I get tons of air bubbles coming into the tank....I am afraid it is going to overflow when I'm not here.....

sirdarksol

I'm afraid I don't know enough about these systems to help beyond this. I know the basic physics of them, and what I've seen in the video.
Maybe agsansoo will come back and offer some more experienced help.

agsansoo

Martinismommy,
What size tank do you have ? You also state the overflow tank is low ... Do you mean the overflow box behind the display tank ?

Martinismommy

It is a 60 gallon tank..And yes, the box behind the tank is low..The overflow filter..

agsansoo

That OK if it's low ... Just more noisy. If the water level in the sump gets too low the return pump will start sucking up air. Causing lots of bubbles.
As for water lost , I have a 65 gallon and I have to replace 1/2 to 1 full gallon of water per day, due to evaporation. Replacement water should be RO or distilled fresh water.

Martinismommy

Thank you for the help....It sounds like things are running normal...Is there any way I can get that water level up in the back?

agsansoo

Yes in the Overflow sticky I started,

Look at the third photo. I placed a piece of 1" PVC pipe and 1" elbow into the bulkhead fitting so the water level would rise and be a little less noisy.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom