CPD's What To Feed?

Floundering_Around

I just ordered some CPDs and Scarlet Badis to stock some of my tanks and was wondering what and how to feed them. I am currently culturing vinegar eels and have frozen brine shrimp but I know Scarlets are finicky and I want to make sure I get food into all the fish so they have their strength after shipping.
I was also considering gel foods like repashy or homemade mixes to feed so that they can graze and don't have to fight. The pygmy corys aren't aggressive when it comes to eating and neither are the two crays.

Stocking:
10 gallons-
3 Corydoras pygmaeus
2 Dwarf Mexican Crayfish
6 CPDs and 1 Scarlet Badis
1 Nerite snail
2 or 3 Amano shrimp (to take care of the algae in my tank)

5 gallons-
2 Scarlets (hoping for a breeding pair)
1 Nerite snail

Water parameters:
pH: 7.6
ammonia: 0 ppm
nitrites: 0 ppm
nitrates: 10 ppm
Temp: 72-78 degrees Fahrenheit (no heaters in tanks)
Aqueon filters

vijay3242

You might try Daphnia. Also do you know about the nitrogen cycle, if so do you know why your stats are 0 across the board?

Floundering_Around

my nitrates are at 10 ppm. The tanks they are going in are fully cycled and are a few years (10 gallon) to a few months old (5 gallon), thanks for your concern though .
For the daphnia do you think they will accept frozen? I don't have the means to cultivate them

vijay3242

my nitrates are at 10 ppm. The tanks they are going in are fully cycled and are a few years (10 gallon) to a few months old (5 gallon), thanks for your concern though .
For the daphnia do you think they will accept frozen? I don't have the means to cultivate them
Oh sorry must of misread the last part. They might, I would think not though. They prefer live foods and if they are new thye will be especially sensitive. I am not even sure where you would get frozen daphnia. If you have them means you could try rasing Grundal Worms.

FlutterFish

Yeah, scarlet badis are extremely picky eaters, unfortunately. I used to keep a pair and they refused to eat virtually anything but live food.

Floundering_Around

Hopefully I can get them eating dry or frozen food. The ones that are left in my ten gallon will have to be fed by my mom when I go back to school

FlutterFish

You should try, maybe you can get lucky. If not, you'll have to grow live food.

Floundering_Around

Currently culturing vinegar eels which won't be too hard for my mom to handle feeding them. Getting them on frozen atlas will be a step in the right direction. If not, I'll have to leave my betta here and take all three of them with me back to school

vijay3242

Just wondering how are you starting your culture of eels?

Floundering_Around

Just wondering how are you starting your culture of eels?
So sorry, just saw this. I ordered a culture online and just did a 50/50 mix of Apple cider vinegar and dechlorinated water. Threw in some apples slices and I'm good to go.
I just got some micro worms too that they can't get enough of either.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
takimoto12
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
BottomDweller
Replies
Views