Cpds And Care

Sirenizzed

6B96BD51-0BBA-4D14-A3F8-1D492F5EC304.jpeg my tank completed its cycle over last weekend and my CPDs arrived today. I’ve acclimated them and they are now in the tank. Apart from flake food, is there anything else I should be feeding them? Tank mates and how long should I wait before adding more fish (like a said newly cycled and I added 10CPDs. Tank is 15G) They are so wee and adorable!

As for nitrates when would you change water? I’m about 10/20ppm now but I can’t do a quick change because my PH straight from the tap is 9 and 7.4 after 12 hours.

Advertisement
BottomDweller
Along with flakes try feeding them small frozen foods like daphnia and brineshrimp.

If parameters are good (no ammonia or nitrite) after 2 weeks I think you could add some more fish.

Advertisement
Rtessy
Once it hits 20ppm it's a good idea to do a water change.
Also I just wanted to say those guys look a bit sickly, they're prone to internal parasites/bacterial infections in my area, so you may want to keep an eye on that. Or they're just very underfed, which is definitely a possibility given their shy nature

Sirenizzed

DAB45510-457C-41BB-942E-DB8D5A8EE167.jpeg
Once it hits 20ppm it's a good idea to do a water change.
Also I just wanted to say those guys look a bit sickly, they're prone to internal parasites/bacterial infections in my area, so you may want to keep an eye on that. Or they're just very underfed, which is definitely a possibility given their shy nature
They did just fly across the country from The Wet Spot Tropical fish. They’ve been in the tank a few hours now and have colored a bit. Hopefully they’ll eat well tomorrow morning. They are a lil skinny

imba
CPDs are awesome!
Just wait a couple weeks and if your ammonia is kept in check, you can add other tank mates.

Maybe consider some less shy dither fish, for example 3 or 4 nice male endlers. When they see other similar sized fish out and about, they become more outgoing too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
KrissyBunnie
Replies
Views
cichliditis
Replies
Views