Cover/minimise Heater Lights

Finley2

Reaction score
Hi

I have a new Chinese-made heater. It's pretty good, but Chinese electronics designers do have a real fondness for adding bright LEDs to everything. I now have two intensely bright red and blue lights blaring into my tank. So...

Any ideas for dimming these by partially obscuring them? I do quite like the reassurance of being able to see the temperature (red) and 'on' (blue) indicators, but want to reduce their brightness by a good 70%. How might I do that?

(This is the heater. The blue light is right below the red temperature: )

Thanks

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Greetings and welcome to Fishlore

A drop of aquarium sealent. Spread it to the thickness that darkens the light the way you want. If that is not enough put wax paper then the sealent on.

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You could use a piece of sticker vinyl, like a semi-translucent one, like the ones they use to wrap car taillights.

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
2 part aquarium safe epoxy can be tinted with liquid food colouring prior to mixing together. Add 20% to curing time for slow dry epoxies, 50% for quickset.

JoeCamaro said:
You could use a piece of sticker vinyl, like a semi-translucent one, like the ones they use to wrap car taillights.
Avoid any of these with adhesive. Make sure it's polycarbonate, as PEV and similar vinyls are toxic.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom