Cover Intake Fluval Canistef How Do I

1. Esli

Esli Valued Member Member

Hi guys, I had a bad experience with hatchets getting stuck on one of my marineland filters a while back ago, but I now have a new tank with 2 Fluval 406 canisters.
    I don't think they make anything to cover the tips on the intake. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    I dont want any of my fish to ever get stuck like that again.
    Will I be okay ? I know many people say fish should generally never get stuck unless they're sick and weak.
    Thanks

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

pre-filter sponges.

3. 8

83jase Valued Member Member

I've been looking as well looks like a home made job due to size of the inlet cage

4. Rikel1

Rikel1 New Member Member

I took an air filter sponge and cut it to size. Then attached it with zip ties.

5. 8

I was thinking pond pre filter as it very course won't block flow but won't suck up any critters and trim it to suit shape and size. Can you post a pic for idea for op and myself thanks

6. OP
    OP
    Esli

Thanks guys! Hopefully I find one that fits the intake if not a DIY it is.

7. 8

In Australia esli I've had no luck so far other filters no problems can find me filters looking like a DIY job

8. Rikel1

Rikel1 New Member Member

I have these on the intake of all my filters.

Attached Files:

9. 8

Ah yes I'm with you now looks like a good easy option for esli and myself thanks alot

10. OP
    OP
    Esli

Going to try that! Thanks!!

11. 8

Yep I'm onto that aswell was hoping for a neat fit that's made to go there but fluval falls we don't need it. But if it's works why not. another thought wonder if we could get the foam use super glue of another fish safe solvent won't melt the foam to form perfect shape all else fails zip ties for the win :)