Couple Questions Question

1. babiimoore

babiimoore Valued Member Member

just got this guy earlier today. can anyone tell me a guess on an age/gender? im curious. also, how big will he probably get? IMG_0597.jpg IMG_0599.jpg

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

The best thing to go by is the breeding tube, which I can’t see. Angels can get around 6 inches tall, and 6 inches long.

3. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Do you have any other questions or are you good?

4. OP
    OP
    babiimoore

does the 6 inches include their fins?

5. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

Sure does. Personally a recommend 20 gallons (tall) per full grown Angel.

6. Adriifu

Yep. Agreed with above. They can get very aggressive with each other in smaller tanks, so I’m glad you just got one :) How big’s the tank you’re putting it in?

7. OP
    OP
    babiimoore

hes in a 55 with a few balloon mollies, some lyretails and a couple guppies.

8. Adriifu

Ah, nice. You could easily fit one more if you’d want to.

9. OP
    OP
    babiimoore

off topic but would i be able to get a pleco with my size tank and stock? they looked interesting at the store

10. Adriifu

It depends. If you get a second angelfish, then I would suggest against it. If not, you can easily fit a bristlenose pleco or something of similar size.

11. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Angels need to be about two inches in diameter before you can attempt to sex them, angels are not sexually dimorphic like other cichlids. I would only do one angel as a centerpiece if you get a pair they will terrorize your other fish every time they lay eggs (even if you get two females those will pair up and spawn as well), which is normally every two weeks.