Couple Questions Same Fish

1. Kyanjuo

Kyanjuo New Member Member

So I have a 20 gallon planted tank, ph stays around 8 (cant get it lower without going to all bottled water[Utah]). Nitrites and nitrates are super safe level, I do 25% water changes every week to two weeks. I have 2 glofish, 6 tetras and 5 red cherry shrimp (plus the random ever multiplying snails that hitchhiked on the hornwort I ordered) anyway, my orange glofish has been swimmingnose high for a while, still eats and swims around, dorsal fin is still raised so I dont believe it to be too distressed. I also noticed the tail seems to have a slight green tint to it. What could be the cause of these issues?

Pictures will be here if that helps:

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Fishlore VIP Member

I can’t see the pics but do have questions. When you say nitrites, nitrates are ok, what are the numbers? Also the ammonia number as well? Thanks.

3. OP
    OP
    Kyanjuo

Kyanjuo New Member Member

I just have the multi-test strips so I dont have numbers, it just comes up as the lowest color on the strip for both, ammonia is the same.

4. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Fishlore VIP Member

When you can, I’d suggest getting the API master test kit. The strips are very unreliable. Until you can get a good test kit, do more frequent water changes. Clean water is the best thing we can do for our finbabies. You may be surprised at how different the test results are once you get a good system. I’d change the water at least three times a week. Keep an eye on the little one and keep us posted? If it starts doing anything more unusual let us know?