Couple questions - Aquarium size and filters

anmlvrj

Hello all,
Still new to the more advanced parts of aquarium hobby.
Couple questions:
I was given a convict cichlid who is in my 30 gallon breeder, can I put a firemouth with him as well or too small. Should I stick to just corys and tiger barbs as friends?
I have an additional filter on this tank (running for last month) can I then take it and start up a 20 gallon hospital tank for when the need arises and have it successfully cycled based on the filter media alone?
Looking for stocking ideas for my 29 gallon tall since I moved my angels and rams to the 75 gallon.
Also, I need to get one more Angel as I have three and I think 2 are male and they are picking on the loan female. Should I only get one more female or 2? Also any other stocking ideas to go with Angels, Rams and killifish in the 75 gallon?

Thanks in advance,

86 ssinit

I think the convict would do alright with the angels in the 75.
As to the extra filter unless you need a hospital tank now I would leave it where it is. If you need a hospital tank your way will work for an instant cycle. When doing this I like to also take half the water form the new tank from the old tank.
As for the angels that’s alway tough. Angels can be very aggressive fish. 2 more will be better than one. Very hard to sex angels.

anmlvrj

I think the convict would do alright with the angels in the 75.
As to the extra filter unless you need a hospital tank now I would leave it where it is. If you need a hospital tank your way will work for an instant cycle. When doing this I like to also take half the water form the new tank from the old tank.
As for the angels that’s alway tough. Angels can be very aggressive fish. 2 more will be better than one. Very hard to sex angels.
I ended up getting 2 female Angels so I think I have 3 females and 2 males in the 75 gallon. I will leave the filter where it is for now - thank you - wasn't sure I could change over to a hospital tank that quickly but 1/2 water and the filter makes sense.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies
Views