Couple Of Questions- Coralife Biocube 32

Discussion in 'Saltwater Tank Equipment' started by Francine, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Francine

FrancineWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +320
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    1- I am just about to get my tank ready to cycle and I was replacing my stock pump with an MJ1200 (cobalt version) however it doesn’t seem right.... hose seems a bit loose... seems a bit tight for space...can someone with a coralife 32 BC share a picture with me of how theirs looks or explain (in detail) of how they did it and which parts they included? A picture would really be great as I find lots gets lost in translation lol especially with me... I’m brand new to the full saltwater world but I have a basic handle on most other things...

Only other question I have is: my chamber 2 consists of the InTank media basket and Fuge but because I have heard horror stories (especially with gobies which is on my stocking list) I also got their fish saver guard.. however I can’t figure out a way to install it with that over flow tray thingy... do I just take that away? Or do I need that? As I can’t see a way to install it without completely taking that tray away (wasn’t really sure of it was important or just to put those cartridges in? (Which I’m not using)

And lastly... according to Boyd I should be using the 11. Something oz bag of chemipure elite after my cycle however I see people only using like a 3. Some oz bag or a 5. Some oz bag.... but according to their numbers for under 50g but above 10g’s I should be using the 11. Something oz one.... is this right?

Thanks!

2. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,084
    Experience:
    1 year
    On the Chemipure Elite bag it is the 11.74oz bag you want. That is rated up to 50 gallons and I used one in my 36 gallon bowfront and it worked well. The others are rated as 25 gallons or less.

3. OP
    OP
    Francine

Ratings:
    +320
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Ok I assumed I was right,,, just wanted to double check because I’ve seen others using the exact media as me but not using the right size bag.... but again those people are complaining about nutrient issues lol like phosphates and nitrAtes lol

4. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,084
    Experience:
    1 year
    They are a mix of carbon and GFO (Granulated Ferric Oxide), they won't do much for nitrates, but they definitely reduce phosphates. I've used either the chemipure elite or GFO or both since I started the hobby (other than the initial cycle of course).

5. OP
    OP
    Francine

Ratings:
    +320
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Thanks... ya I am using purigen and Chaeto also so that should help... I know the purigen will for sure.... i have massive natural nitrAtes in my water in my FW tanks (plus the amount from the end product of the cycle ) and it takes them down to around 5 in like 75g tanks lol so it should be ok in the smaller tank

Thanks!