Couple Of Filter Questions

dcocinci

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 65 gallon tank running a Top Fin HOB and a Fluval 406 . Maybe not but it seems 65 gallons are a little taller than some other standard size tanks . Does the proximity of the filter intakes to the bottom of the tank make any difference? Neither of mine are that close. Picture attached .

What is the best setup for the media trays in my canister? Right now I have the sponge, polishing pads, biomax rings, and some old media from my other filter. I think in that order but I could be wrong .I bought extra biomax to use instead of the carbon it came with. I haven't done the first cleaning of the 406 yet but when I do I want to use that time to make better use of the trays if needed.

Thanks

Attachments

Pictusboss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nice tank! It shouldn't matter, but if you are concerned about food getting to the bottom and decaying, you can place a pump or powerhead on the bottom to push any food that makes it past the filters off the bottom

shiv234

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The water goes the the bottom of the canister then. As long as the canister's first tray has all the filter media and the rest has the bio-media you're good. In my canisters, in the first tray i have medium, fine and filter floss in the first tray. In the rest i have bio-media

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom