Couple of breeding questions

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by flyinggogo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. flyinggogoValued MemberMember

Ok maybe this should be 2 posts, but i am going to try to knock out two birds with one stone. First my chiclids. I have thought for a few months now that my fish should start breeding anytime now. Last night i finally saw what i think is breeding behavior in my 2 albino red zebras. The bigger of the two zebras took a shine to the littler one who did not chase it away but rather started circling each other and shimmying, also the bigger one who is normally not very aggressive started chasing every other fish to the other side of the tank then would turn its attention to the smaller one. Also my synodontis for sure took notice and went and bothered the out of the zebras. So my question is am I right to assume this is breeding behavior?

Now part 2. on a completely unrelated topic I have about 4 female guppies 3 of which were born in my tank and obviously virgins as there are no males in the tank. Now they are all pregnant, no doubt from my male endlers. So my question here is how viable will the fry be? Do they normally make it until adulthood or should i expect the fry to not make it?

2. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I can't help with your zebras. Mine bred accidentally and I found the fry when he was a few months old.

Guppies/endlers can breed and the fry are viable. The fry can also reproduce.

3. flyinggogoValued MemberMember

ty that is what i thought but wasn't sure. i did not know that said fry could reproduce.

4. flyinggogoValued MemberMember

I guess i have one other question too. If my 2 albinos breed, will all the fry be albino or will some be regular red zebras?

5. JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

I think you would probably be able to get a few regular red zebras too. just mostly albino because its the predominate trait

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice