Could use help on getting an accurate diagnosis!!!

Plecolover4477

Hey fishlore,wow haven't been on in awhile, but anyways I've noticed something in one or two of my fish.Its been awhile since I had to treat for anything..in the past I've treated for "ICK" and successfully cured my fish with only one casualty.I try and do my best to keep my water parameters, and overall health of my fish intact.Lets face it we all are not perfect and no matter how well and prompt we are with regular maintenance fish will always have some issue.I don't want to ramble on get off point of this post so I'm going to post some pictures of a white skirt tetra that ive noticed with some spots or patches on its fins.Now I know what ick looks like and this fish and the others do not have (small granule looking spots on them).Please take a look at the pics and help with some possible diagnosis.Ive been researching tons and tons of possible diseases and fungi.Here are the pics:
Hey fishlore,wow haven't been on in awhile, but anyways I've noticed something in one or two of my fish.Its been awhile since I had to treat for anything..in the past I've treated for "ICK" and successfully cured my fish with only one casualty.I try and do my best to keep my water parameters, and overall health of my fish intact.Lets face it we all are not perfect and no matter how well and prompt we are with regular maintenance fish will always have some issue.I don't want to ramble on get off point of this post so I'm going to post some pictures of a white skirt tetra that ive noticed with some spots or patches on its fins.Now I know what ick looks like and this fish and the others do not have (small granule looking spots on them).Please take a look at the pics and help with some possible diagnosis.Ive been researching tons and tons of possible diseases and fungi.Here are the pics:
I forgot to add i would much rather treat them in one of my QT tanks but if it is ick then I know i gotta treat the whole 40 gallons.But if it is not catching them to put in QT tank can be work..lol

Attachments

• 20210703_091101.jpg
    20210703_091101.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210703_091026.jpg
    20210703_091026.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210703_085122.jpg
    20210703_085122.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 17

ChrissFishes01

It's a little hard to tell from the picture. How long has the spot been there? Is it perfectly round?

One way to knock out ich and funguses in one go is to use Ich-X. It'll treat both, and is safe for inverts and plants.

I'd observe the fish for 2-3 days, and watch for more spots. If the spot gets bigger or smaller, or becomes a different shape than a circle, it's not ich. If you see more spots pop up (on the same or other fish) and they're almost perfectly round (or slightly oval), it's likely to be ich.

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

It's a little hard to tell from the picture. How long has the spot been there? Is it perfectly round?

One way to knock out ich and funguses in one go is to use Ich-X. It'll treat both, and is safe for inverts and plants.

I'd observe the fish for 2-3 days, and watch for more spots. If the spot gets bigger or smaller, or becomes a different shape than a circle, it's not ich. If you see more spots pop up (on the same or other fish) and they're almost perfectly round (or slightly oval), it's likely to be ich.
Hi, their definitely not round they seem to be flat and wide.

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

Hi, their definitely not round they seem to be flat and wide.
I'd probably leave the fish in there and treat with Ich-X. That way, if it does happen to be contagious, all the fish are treated, and if not, you're not stressing the sick fish out by moving it.

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

these spots or patches have been there for awhile
I'd probably leave the fish in there and treat with Ich-X. That way, if it does happen to be contagious, all the fish are treated, and if not, you're not stressing the sick fish out by moving it.
I was going to try to treat with Seachem Paraguard...

Upvote 0

Jack B Nimble

if the spots are not spreading in numbers I would not do anything. I have an angel with similar spot on fin and I assumed ick but, its also the go to once you get ick in a tank that all spots are ick so we panic. The angel has had same spot now for over a year and all is good and no other issues have come up.

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

if the spots are not spreading in numbers I would not do anything. I have an angel with similar spot on fin and I assumed ick but, its also the go to once you get ick in a tank that all spots are ick so we panic. The angel has had same spot now for over a year and all is good and no other issues have come up.
I felt the same thing but I already started to dose with paraguard,and based on the reviews it seems to be very effective.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Gibbo1710
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies