75 Gallon Tank Could this work?

Roboticsbede

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would say adding the 2 Cichlids is perfect stocking for your tank and I would not go anything above anymore. However I think you should add 5 more cory cats as they would feel safer and less stressed.

OP
Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Roboticsbede said:
I would say adding the 2 Cichlids is perfect stocking for your tank and I would not go anything above anymore. However I think you should add 5 more cory cats as they would feel safer and less stressed.
Ok perfect! I was planning on more cory cats, but the lfs is out atm, and petsmart has an ich outbreak

MikeRad89

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not advisable. Yellow labs are mbuna cichlids, totally different requirements than BPs and the rest of your stock. There are a number of NA/SA cichlid species you could go for that would be far more compatible.

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I believe the two aren't compatible and I would not put them together in any tank.

Like suggested once you get a good fish source I suggest upping the corydoras especially since you have a 75 which can appropriately fit a lot, and if I remember correctly you can do the same for the congos. I could be wrong of course.

I don't really know any. Well I do but don't want to give an incompatible species on accident.

OP
Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MikeRad89 said:
Not advisable. Yellow labs are mbuna cichlids, totally different requirements than BPs and the rest of your stock. There are a number of NA/SA cichlid species you could go for that would be far more compatible.
I didnt know that, the lfs said theyd work well. Could you reccomend me a few that could work in the 75 with my BP?

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 3 electric blue acara that are thriving with a bristle nose and other community fish.
other options-
kribenses, key holes, angelfish.
other colourful fish - boesmani rainbow fish, turquoise rainbowfish...

MikeRad89

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Theres a huge variety you can choose from. You’ve got plenty of room in a tank that size. Kribensis (although west African) are a fun choice. Rams are a common choice. If I were you I’d go with a group of fire mouth cichlids. Small but can hold their own.

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Princethepurplebetta said:
Hi guys. I have a 75 gallon planted tank. So far i have a full grown BP, 6 congo tetras, and 3 cory cats (getting more when lfs gets them in). Could i add 2 yellow lab cichlids? If not, any suggestions on some colorful fish that would work? Thanks!
I had this issue I really like the Cichlids but my water parameters would need to change so I went with German blue face rams and there are other dwarfs Cichlids that will work but these guys so really be considered

Attachments

OP
Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tallen78 said:
I had this issue I really like the Cichlids but my water parameters would need to change so I went with German blue face rams and there are other dwarfs Cichlids that will work but these guys so really be considered
If i were to go with rams, do i need a group of them? Or would 2 be ok?

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Princethepurplebetta said:
If i were to go with rams, do i need a group of them? Or would 2 be ok?
I purchased 9 3 males and 6 female they don’t really school up unless they are feeding and I have a big tank with a lot of hides but l believe they will do well as a pair

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tallen78 said:
I purchased 9 3 males and 6 female they don’t really school up unless they are feeding and I have a big tank with a lot of hides but l believe they will do well as a pair

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom