75 Gallon Tank Could this be a problem eventually?

Ckline

I’m not a bacteria master or anything so i don’t know if this could be a serious problem eventually. To briefly explain my setup i have a 75 gal. with one of those ‘universal 3d textured background’ and it isn’t glued flush to the back of my tank, leaving a small gap from the glass to the background where waste and muck can settle. Could this eventually lead to high ammonia or nitrite levels? Or should it be fine if there’s established anaerobic bacteria? My tank is on its 3rd year being setup and i do weekly 30% water changes and clean my fx4 canister once a month. Thanks

BigManAquatics

Certainly could if a dead fish gets stuck back there. Might be able to use a coral feeder or turkey baster(depending on gap) to suction some stuff out of there.

Upvote 0

jtjgg

shouldn't be a problem, just suck it up with a gravel vac, or use a pump to blow it out.

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

If junk gets trapped back there or anywere and you cant remove it, it will at some point cause a problem, your nitrates may raise. I suggest you find a way to clean it and or fix it.

Upvote 0

Ckline

If junk gets trapped back there or anywere and you cant remove it, it will at some point cause a problem, your nitrates may raise. I suggest you find a way to clean it and or fix it.
Yep just did a water change and tested my water, nitrates are high. I’m gonna have to clean it, this could’ve been avoided by gluing the background to the tank when initially setting it up. Thank you

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
  • Question
  • pyradim
  • Algae
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
  • Question